National Bank – A Subsidiary of KCB Group Plc.
Position Title: Database Administrator
Job Ref No. HR/085/2020
Division: ICT Division
Reporting to: Senior Database Administrator
Position Grade: MG8
Position Scope: The role holder will be responsible for administering, maintaining, developing and implementing policies and procedures laid out to ensure the security and integrity of the Bank’s databases. He/She will ensure seamless flow of information, in view of both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for users.
- Responsible to create and maintain databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Perform capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Administration of Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Oracle Exadata/DataGuard and SQL Administration
- Maintain database security, integrity and computing resources to comply with Bank and Compliance standards
- Administer all database projects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages & procedures among others
- Monitor the performance of the database system and implement or recommend the required changes to increase the performance and maximum uptime to ensure seamless service delivery
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of Bank’s databases.
- Storage administration for V7000, DS4700 and Oracle Exadata Storage Cells
- Provide reliable backup services and conduct routine hardware and software audits of AIX servers to ensure compliance to established standards, policies, configuration guidelines, and procedures.
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation in line with Bank policy
- Manage and configure VIO client partitions, devices, V7000 & DS4700 storage.
- Automate tasks involving creation of scripts to run backups and monitor databases.
- Offer 24/7 databases support; provide rapid resolutions to database downtime and escalate issues to line manager & vendor as appropriate
- Ensure to promptly escalate anomalies to procedure or any suspicious activities as per the laid down procedures.
- Adhere to the Division’s service charter and ensure exceptional customer experience
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from a recognized university
- Oracle Certified Expert/Oracle Certified Master will be an added advantage
- OCP certification will be an added advantage
- MS SQL certification will be an added advantage
- Apps DBA certification will be an added advantage
- Three (3) years’ experience in a relevant ICT field
- Expert knowledge of physical database design
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle, backups and recovery scenarios
- Knowledge in Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster), Exadata, & DataGuard Administration.
- Knowledge in Unix and Enterprise Linux administration
- Demonstrable knowledge on OBIEE& other BI tools.
- Proven experience on data warehouse management & ETL processes
- Collaboration; forms partnerships that help drive the Division’s service delivery agenda.
- Multi-tasking; able to manage several concurrent assignments and prioritize demands
- Innovation, flexibility and adaptability; ability to keep pace with latest technology and trends in addition to new delivery expectations.
- Excellent communication skills; articulate in communicating to both internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical; capable of managing numerous information sources and providing appropriate data analysis to relevant stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, exercise of due diligence & confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal, planning & organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and speed of execution
- Proactive and Agile
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to login into Taleo Recruitment Portal to apply if you meet the role requirements stated above by Friday, 25th September 2020.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process.