News Editor Urgently Required – Juba South Sudan
Our Client is a bilingual weekly business newspaper based in Juba, South Sudan.
Published in both English and Arabic, the two major official languages of the country, the paper is a full-coloured fold tailored for national audiences and advertisers.
With great content and appealing design, the paper rivals some of the regional known newspapers and is subscribed to by over 20 business companies, exclusive of diplomatic consulates and international humanitarian organizations.
To help even make the paper better and deliver greater content to our audience, The Media Company is looking for competent, productive, and professionally qualified personnel to drive its mission to be the country’s leading weekly business newspaper in the ever-evolving and competitive media industry. If you think you are a perfect fit and a personality with a courageous attitude, submit your application for the positions listed in the address below.
Job Summary: The News Editor will have the daily responsibility of deciding which news stories are printed in the paper. Long before the paper is published, the editor assigns reporters to cover the news, checks for accuracy and fairness in the newspaper’s articles, and writes headlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assign reporters for news coverage within or outside Juba
- Edit and rewrite articles submitted by reporters
- Align stories chronologically for layout and publication
- Write editorials with the Managing Editor.
- Write stories when called upon to do so.
- Review the editorial page and copies written by staff or syndicated columnists before publication.
- Perform any duty assigned by the Managing Editor.
- Manage and edit contents to cater to readers’ requirements and provide detailed information for the same.
- Manage and produce news to present information with accuracy, flow and within time frame.
- Work within a creative environment to respond to various competing priorities.
- Evaluate all news for authenticity and check with sources to ensure correctness of published articles to avoid conflicts.
- A bachelor degree holder with a proven record in print journalism will have an upper hand.
- Must have a proven record of working for a Newspaper Print House for a minimum of three years preferably as a News Editor.
- Excellent English grammar, spelling and written communication skills are mandatory.
- Comfort and familiarity with word processing and graphics software are crucial.
- He or she must be comfortable with gathering information from electronic to print archives to have sufficient knowledge of events.
- Hands-on knowledge of digital publishing will be an added advantage.
- Proven Editing Skills
- Self-driven and assertive.
- Demonstrated Leadership Skills
How to Apply
Do you fit the above profile and are interested?
Urgently send your CV and your application to email@example.com.