One Acre Fund
Kenya Field Operations Associate
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Summary: Seeking an operations-minded professional with 3+ years of experience to drive innovative solutions in a rapidly changing program model and transitioning ground operations to a technologically-sound platform that creates operational efficiency.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Field Operations Department is the largest team at all of One Acre Fund. We focus on the short-term gains of our program and the management of our 2,700-person Field Team to create results.
We work with annual strategists across departments to ensure the program operates efficiently and in-sync across 50+ districts and 4 major operational regions of the country. It is the Field Operations department’s responsibility to ensure that we provide a seamless, farmer-focused service while adapting to a changing market.
- Manage 2-3 sub-teams with up to 35 team members and develop a high-performance culture through mentorship and professional development support
- Oversee strategic direction for 2-3 portfolios (examples: Tablet integration, Customer Protection, Field deliveries, Insurance, Warranty, Field offices) and manage cross-departmental relationships
- Lead project design and implementation to accomplish business outcomes – set goals and measurements, report on progress, manage crisis response, hold the team accountable to strategic results
- Participate in global Field Operations work and work with other country programs
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for.
For this role specifically:
- 3+ years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for development work
- 3+ years successfully managing complex projects leading to measurable results
- 2+ years managing teams successfully
- Demonstrated success managing program portfolios and complex systems
- Experience working in high-performance culture and collaborative teams
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least 2 years – this is a long-term, career-track role Bachelor’s degree
Language: English required, knowledge of Swahili preferred
Preferred start date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 25% remote from another location of your choice.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off and comprehensive benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
Application link: https://grnh.se/a5f004d91us
Closing date: October 30th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.