One Acre Fund
Global Logistics Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Job Summary: Seeking a Global Logistics Director with 10+ years of experience to lead and grow our cutting edge rural distribution network serving more than 1 Million farm families.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
Distribution is fundamental to our core model. The Global Logistics team works in tight concert with our field teams to deliver millions of kilograms of inputs to thousands of market points reaching over one million individual farm families across Eastern and Southern Africa.
Our opportunity as a department is to build on a strong operational foundation to extend our geographic reach, develop new distribution channels, and execute highly efficient distributions with increasing complexity in an infrastructure-starved environment.
The Global Logistics Director sets the strategy for the department, provides management support to our far-flung team of logistics professionals, and contributes to projects of strategic importance.
This job reports to the Global Supply Chain Director.
- Set Strategy
- Work with the Global Supply Chain Director to set the vision for the department
- Drive the strategic agenda forward, providing leadership on key projects and implementing them together with our country team leads.
- Provide Individual and Team Management
- Provide individual management to country logistics leads
- Lead weekly “check-in” sessions
- Develop hard and soft skills and provide career mentorship
- Support calendaring and implementation of key SOPs in new markets
- Because of our wide geography, much of this must be done remotely.
- Provide team management for 7+ countries and a central global team by coordinating monthly team calls and setting agendas / leading sessions in annual logistics retreats.
- Support the Global Supply Chain Director in department recruitment activities
- Contribute to Policy Development, Management, Process Improvement and Oversight to support efficient processes
- Lead projects of strategic importance to the department. For example:
- Introduce mechanical advantages to our warehouses
- Evaluate the use of software to support department functions
- Design a standard budgeting process for new business opportunities
- While the majority of this role will focus the points above, you may also directly support country operations at peak activity time. This could include short-term secondment to a country team.
This role may travel up to 30% of the time.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for professionals with 10+ years of experience.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Proven ability developing strategy across multiple work-streams
- Management experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience (e.g. starting a program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business).
- Relatedly, experience coordinating teams and individuals, particularly with an emphasis on providing career management/mentorship.
- Strong analytical skills – ability to quickly review, synthesize, analyze, and communicate data.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine their skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
Language: Fluent English required and a working knowledge of French desired.
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary by role. We are adapting to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. We will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes; African nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Application link: https://grnh.se/6181b04b1us
Closing date: October 30th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.