One Acre Fund
Kenya ITO Tablet Specialist
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Summary: Seeking an exceptional professional with 3+ years IT experience to join us in a role that involves managing field devices, preparing project plan documents, report writing, using case documentation and escalating IT tickets.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Device/OS/MDM management:
- Primary ITO contact for tablet issues – H/W, OS, configuration, user issues
- Implement mobile/tablet setup tools, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance standards for use in the organization
- Manage mobile/tablet assets inventory.
2. Documentation and reporting:
- Follow and write mobile support (setup, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance)
- Keep track of incidents and resolutions – log all tasks performed and provide for reporting
- Daily interface with MDM for reporting and identification of issues
- Compile weekly reports as determined by Mobile Team Lead and program needs.
3. Department liaison:
- Work with Mobile Team Lead to coordinate mobile/tablet set and configuration activities
- Regular coordination with Field Operations’ staff on usability, features, issues, and feedback
- Regular coordination with Development Operations/IT Development on feature/function changes, and streamlining device setup
- Coordinate with IT Development, Development Operations, Field Operations, Procurement, and other departments regarding mobile/tablet purchase, setup, configuration, and maintenance
- Manage mobile/tablet hardware/software requests from other departments.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for.
For this role specifically, you will have:
- 3 years of experience in Information Technology.
- Experience managing mobile devices
- Experience in IT support or IT service desk
- Experience preparing project planning documents
- Experience in report writing
- Experience in use case documentation
- Work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
Language: English and Swahili.
Preferred Start Date: Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Duration: 3-month contract with possibility of extension
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
How to Apply
Application link: https://grnh.se/c9d995e81us
Closing date: October 30th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.