One Acre Fund
Kenya Program Strategy Lead
Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Job Summary: In our mission to serve every farming community in Kenya, we’re seeking a results-driven professional to lead the strategy and planning for Kenya’s field program.
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
One Acre Fund Kenya is our largest and fastest-growing country of operation, and is one of the largest social enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa.
By 2030, we aim to transform every farming community in Kenya, and serve more than 1.5 million Kenyan farm families.
The Program Design team leads the strategy and planning for Kenya’s field program.
The team consists of four sub-departments, each focused on an essential program goal:
- Impact – maximizing the yields and quality of life benefits for farmers
- Enrollment and marketing – increasing the number of farmers we serve
- Repayment – ensuring our program remains financially sustainable while maintaining excellent customer service
- Expansion – bringing our program to new areas of the country
As a Program Lead, you will oversee one of the four sub-departments. You will report to the Program Design Manager.
The sub-department you lead will depend on your interests and skills.
- Develop the 5-year and annual strategy for your sub-department
- Manage a team of 1-3 staff, investing in their professional growth
- Lead complex projects and strategic improvements required for the program to achieve its long-term goals
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Strategy: You can break down a complex problem, and identify bold solutions to address it
- Project management: Design, plan and implement complex projects to success
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and continuous improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Mentorship: You support others to achieve their professional goals
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- A willingness to commit to living in a rural area for at least two years
- English required; Kiswahili strongly preferred
Preferred Start Date: We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Job Location: This role is based in Kakamega. You may work up to 25% remote from another location of your choice.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job.
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off and comprehensive benefits.
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya
How to Apply
Application link: https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2319198
Closing date: October 30th, 2020
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.