Job Title: Petrol Station Manager
The post holder will be expected to develop business channels for the station as well manage day to day operations of the station.
- Manage a diverse work load of cases in accordance with the service and team objectives.
Strategy and Policy
- Work on the delivery of the company’s expansion strategies and policies and ensure that they can be owned and understood at the individual level.
Business Performance and Customer Focus
- Plan, coordinated and control the daily operation of the Station.
- Promote the concept of services throughout the Station.
- Meet the Station revenue and performance targets.
- Direct and manage the financial performance of the Station.
- Responsible for marketing of the Station.
- Housekeeping, Merchandising and Fronting at the Station.
- Receipt, inspection and verification of delivered goods.
- Station stock management
- Handling any customer complaint arising at the station.
- Prepare weekly station performance reports
Operations Management Responsibilities
- Directly supervise employees in the store in accordance with the company’s policies procedures.
- Manage the employees in the Station to produce optimal efficiency
- Plan, assign, direct and review the work of employees in the Station, appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Recruit, interview, test, and select employees to fill vacant positions. Plan and conduct new employee orientation.
- Prepare a monthly duty roster for the shop attendants.
- Coaching and encouraging team members on job performance, motivation and personal development.
- Manage the day to day performance of station staff to ensure the effective operation of the station, including the booking on/off of staff, assessing their suitability to commence duties and monitoring their performance throughout the shift.
- Maintain a safe, secure and customer friendly environment by ensuring compliance to all company standards and various local and network instructions. Inspect the entire station premises and ensure effective remedial action is taken where required.
- Operate, check and inspect, all station equipment (e.g. CCTV and electrical
equipment, smoke detectors, as appropriate to the station) in accordance with the appropriate standard routines and schedules.
- Conduct minor maintenance activities and supervise other staff in the performance of such activities, ensuring that they are carried out safely.
- Provide the necessary management information to senior management including: Incident Notification Forms, office accounts, staff attendance and sickness returns, incident logs, inspection records and reports.
- Recommend improvements and maintenance of station facilities.
- Open and close the station to times specified by the Company, maintaining control of keys to ensure security.
- Provide swift, efficient and friendly assistance to customers on station premises, adapting customer service approach according to the type of customer (i.e. institutional, SACCO etc with specific needs).
- Provide a high standard of customer service by role modelling the company values and portraying a smart, helpful and professional image to all (e.g. customers, tenants, visitors, contractors and staff).
- A B.A degree in Business Administration, Marketing or any relevant qualification.
- At least 3 years’ experience.
- Membership in any relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- The Ideal candidate has to be currently living in Kisumu or is familiar with the region.
How to Apply
Kindly send your CV indicating current and expected salary to email@example.com