Position: Production Graduate Trainee
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our Client, a market leader in spring mattress manufacturing have an exciting new opportunity for a self-motivated, versatile and enthusiastic Production Graduate Trainee.
The role will be to facilitate and support continuous improvement by performing the following duties;
What to expect
- Taking part in our client’s Graduate Trainee Program to develop as a future expert. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a successful, growing, multinational organisation.
- As a Production graduate within the company, you will receive a comprehensive six (6) months development programme within one of the divisions during which you will learn the business and production processes in depth while contributing to real business projects.
- Work closely with the experienced talented Production Teams and reporting to the Production Lead, and other areas of the business unit to understand the technical processes and support new process development.
- Follow operating procedures and record process information accurately using provided tools
- Create and maintain batch process records and shift logs as work progresses
- Ensure conformance to customer requirements, specifications and output schedules with respect to total quality in all aspects of the job
- Adhere to all procedures including security, health and safety, environmental quality, training etc.
- Take responsibility for your own safety, complying with our client’s safe working practices and following PPE direction and contribute to a healthy and safe working environment
Knowledge and Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or any other related technical discipline from a recognized institution
- 6 – 12 months’ experience within a manufacturing environment will be advantageous, although previous experience is not necessary as full training will be given.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools.
- Initiative – Takes prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives.
- Have an abundance of drive and energy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to analyse data.
- Ability to complete detailed analysis of complex problems.
- Support training and coaching of methodologies.
- Microsoft office – advanced skills.
How to Apply
If you’re the ideal candidate, kindly send CV and cover letter only to email@example.com before close of business 5th October 2020.
Clearly indicate the position applied for on the subject line.