Job Vacancy: Production Planner
Salary: Kshs. 45,000 – 55,000
Start date: October 2020
Who are we?
We are a fast-growing manufacturing company seeking to hire a Production Planner who will be responsible for establishing routes and schedules for the production work that will ensure the optimum utilization of materials, workers, and machines and to provide the means of ensuring the operation of the plant is in accordance with the set plans.
- Working with staff from other departments, such as the sales division, to understand the customer’s exact requirements.
- Deciding what materials will be used and how much they will cost.
- Deciding what machinery will be used.
- Deciding how many workers will be needed.
- Calculating how long it will take to complete the job.
- Drawing up a production schedule which details all the tasks that need to be done and when they must be completed for the goods to be ready on time.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, the human resources team and maintenance staff to make sure that all materials, workers, and machinery will be ready when they are needed.
- Checking the progress of the job and making sure that the schedule is being followed.
- Dealing quickly with any problems that may delay progress, such as machinery breakdowns or staff shortages.
- Using computer software to collect and analyses figures and to produce schedules and reports.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time as management may deem necessarily
Who Are You?
Required Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering, Production Management, Project Management, operations, or any related course
- At least 3-5 years’ experience working as a Production Planner in the manufacturing industry
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Experience in MRP (Manufacturing resource planning)
- Working knowledge of MS Office and ERP systems.
- Knowledge in ISO / Kaizen / 6S methodology
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be able to make decisions quickly and sometimes under pressure.
- Have excellent organizational skills.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be comfortable working with figures.
- Be able to work quickly, accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Possess IT skills.
- Understand manufacturing processes.
- Be able to cope with deadlines and other pressured situations.
- Leadership Skills
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, CLICK HERE to submit your application on or before 19th September 2020.
Due to the high volume of applications received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.