We are Career Management Centre Limited- a Human Resources Management Company specializing with the provision of outsourced HR services to organizations.
We seek to fill the following position for our client, a Micro- finance bank.
Risk and Compliance Manager
Job Purpose Statement: Reporting to the Board Audit & Risk Committee & CEO, the holder shall be responsible for coordinating, monitoring and supervising all aspects of operational risk management.
The holder shall work with risk owners to identify, assess and prioritize operational risks and advise the Business on mitigating actions or controls, in order to maintain operational risk within the Bank’s risk appetite.
Key Measurable Goals
- Lead the documentation and review Operational Risk Management Policy (ORM) and operating framework / procedures.
- Lead the implementation of the bank wide Operational Risk Management Policy (ORM) strategy, policy and framework
- Work with respective unit heads to drive the development and execution of the Business Continuity Plans (BCP) and operational risk and implement effective control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management.
- Monitor adherence to compliance, Anti Money Laundering ( AML) and Know your client (KYC) standards
- Identify gaps and plan, design, coordinate the implementation of comprehensive credit training, operational risk and compliance programs in consultation with HR Talent & learning Centre and Risk Division
- Coordinate the implementation of agreed action plans, tracking and timely closure of identified credit audit and operational risk issues.
- Provide regular status updates including progress, top risks and issues to the respective departments.
- Identify and monitor risks for all the Bank’s projects;
- Work with ICT to assist with sharing of risk profiles, advising on cyber risk issues and addressing areas of concern.
- Carry out training for Bank staff with regard to Operational Risk Management.
- Facilitate the documentation and review of branch and departmental risk registers
- Lead the development of and manage processes to identify and evaluate business areas’ risks and risk and control self-assessments. These include snap checks and other management monitoring checks / toolkits.
- Manage the process of developing risk policies and procedures, risk limits and approval authorities.
- Implement and manage the risk and control assessment reporting process as well as manage and maintain management reports, follow up of issues identified for conclusive resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
- At Least CPA Part two (2) Sec. Four (4). Certification in risk management is desirable Knowledgeable in all aspects of Operational Risk Management and have working knowledge of banking operations
- AML/CFT knowledge is a must.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a bank or financial institution heading Risk and compliance
- Experience in operational risk management is desirable
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role ,indicate the position, please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title on the email subject by 11th September,2020 .