Vacancy Announcement: Assistant Production Manager
Location: Kinanie, Machakos
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts.
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Production Manager – Kinanie (Machakos).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Breakdown weekly production plan into daily schedules and drive daily adherence to this by line-staff in the Factory
- Breakdown Lean Daily Management projects into SMART goals with clear link to the overall goal of organizational maturity in the Factory
- Schedule and conduct Gemba walks across all sections with respective crew lead line staff to identify opportunities for improvement
- Coach crew leads and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect, escalate and resolve challenges/variances in their domains
- Lead in the development and resolution of factory level short term corrective and preventive actions
- Coach the crew leads to resolve section level day to day challenges through established problem solving toolkits
- Track key resource consumption and cost metrics. These include labor utilization & efficiency, resource utilization and machine utilization
- Analyse daily production outputs to identify wastes, develop and implement measures to improve processes in liaison with the Factory Manager
- Analyse resource productivity trends and proactively recommend continuous improvement projects to improve inefficient processes
- Lead your teammates in respective sections to execute daily production schedules
- Coordinate respective section crew leads to ensure that processes move in sync (one-piece flow) to achieve daily targets effectively and efficiently
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams (R&D, Continuous improvement and Design) to ensure harmony in operations in the Factory
- Circulate and reconcile the production plan in all sections through visual controls such as Lean Management boards
- Through effective scheduling, allocate labor to various sub processes to ensure > 90% utilization.
- Develop daily production schedules and Leader Standardized Work (LSW) sheets that will be executed by the respective section crew leads.
- Review adherence to daily schedules, implement load leveling and implement actions to correct variances to ensure operations are back on track.
- Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within budget and as per the tactical plan.
- Work with respective crew leads to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
- Coach crew leads to detect and resolve over utilization of resources within their respective sections in the factory
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a factory setting within either quality or production management in an active/live factory environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
- Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
- Great collaboration, communication and people skills
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy – Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Required documents for Shortlisting
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please submit here a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 18th September 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Please note that the role will be based in Kinanie (Machakos)