Job Vacancy: Production Analyst
Location: Kinanie, Machakos County
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein.
Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We are currently seeking a Production Analyst who will support scheduling and resource planning in the factory in Kinanie (Machakos County).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop production scheduling tools anchored on lean and project management principles
- Use the daily Sales and Operations plan to develop an hour-by-hour production schedule whilst taking into account the following:
- Labour available and/or required
- Resources (raw materials) into daily schedules and share the same with crew leads
- Product sales
- Equipment capability and availability
- Schedule and conduct line tours to measure adherence to the production schedule and resource consumption
- Develop systems to detect and escalate variances to the schedule and consumption. This should be on an hour by hour basis
- Lead factory level problem-solving in matters related to scheduling and resource allocation
- Implement load-levelling when needed to ensure that “shocks” to the production schedule are adequately absorbed
- Develop both visual and analytical systems that support effective production scheduling, load-levelling and resource planning
- Develop systems that measure adherence to schedules and resource consumption.
- Using both quantitative and qualitative methods, analyze the effectiveness of the production schedules and propose/implement ways to reduce non-adherence or improve process efficiency and reduce wastes
- Conduct daily analysis of schedule adherence reports and resource utilization reports to calculate plant productivity and efficiency against targets
- Work with the operational managers and crew leads on the implementation of production scheduling systems and strategies to improve adherence to the schedules and resource utilization at the factory
- Built positive relationships with operational and planning managers to foster harmony between the production and execution plans.
- Have cordial interactions with all staff as you do your work
- Report any complaints or concerns raised by existing customers or any other member of the community
- Determine optimum activity start and end times for each day of the week by using visual planning Gantt charts
- Use quantitative metrics to optimize schedules by evaluating dependencies, removing waiting times, delays and unnecessary movement (Transport or Motion)
- Use software/platform for resource planning and scheduling. Examples are MS Project or Google Sheets.
- Ensure that schedules and resource plans are disseminated to the relevant stakeholders within the required timelines
- Work with the operational and planning managers to ensure that adherence to the schedules are reported in a standard format that is easily generated and understood
- Be willing to change/modify ways of working or systems to adapt to rapidly changing organization goals/targets
- Monitor day to day resource utilization and schedule to ensure that operations are running within allocated the allocated hour by hour budget
- Where there are variances to the budget – develop systems to drive detection and escalation in real time
- Work with respective factory managers to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. These include chemical, mechanical, process, industrial engineering fields
- Experience in statistics or related certification (stats) will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in a production facility/company will be an added advantage
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well with the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
Required documents for Shortlisting
- KRA PIN
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Academic Transcripts and Academic Certificates
To apply, please submit HERE a cover letter clearly indicating your available start state (include notice period) and your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by 8th October 2020.
Kindly indicate your salary expectations.
Please note that the role will be based in Kinanie, Machakos County.