Job Title: Security Guard
Gross Salary: 12k – 16k
Our Client is a leading marketing and communication agency dedicated to building brands for Africa.
They seek to hire a Security Guard to secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry and exit.
- Patrol plant / premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, perimeter wall and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Escort individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- A KCSE Certificate.
- Proven work experience in the security industry, National Youth service or professional training will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English and Kiswahili both oral and written
- Good customer care
- Good body physique
- Between 19 and 40 years old
- Be of high integrity and honesty
- Be a team player
- Must be presentable.
Additional Mandatory Documents
- A certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police (not more than 6 months old). Those with a waiting slip, as evidence that they have applied for the certificate shall be given an opportunity.
- Three referee letters from persons of repute (Referee letters from relatives are not valid)
- Two recent colour passport size photographs (with white background)
- National ID card
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Security Guard) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th September 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.