Position title: Welder
Industry: Waste Management and Recycling
Reports to: Maintenance Coordinator
Location: Nairobi / Banana
Summary of Role: TakaTaka Solutions is looking to recruit a well-organized, highly motivated individual and result-oriented individual to increase efficiency of the maintenance team.
The candidate will report to the Maintenance Coordinator.
Company Background: TakaTaka Solutions is a waste management and recycling company. We are engaged in waste collection, material recovery, composting and recycling. We recycle 95% of the waste we collect.
- Welding components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Removing rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file or scraper and cutting work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife
- Welding components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions and securing parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Determining required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques
- Advice the supervisor on materials or parts failure or general wear and tear on components that require replacement.
- Analyzing drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations
- Inspecting grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instrument
- Ensuring work orders on completed tasks are fully and correctly completed on daily basis.
- Ensuring all accrued documentation from the previous week’s jobs is done before the start of another day’s work.
- Preparing technical reports and sharing with the maintenance supervisor.
- Developing templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Diploma in Auto/Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in arc welding is a MUST
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a busy environment
- Relevant Welder or Welding Fabricator Certifications,
- Ability to Read Blueprints,
- Knowledge of Chemistry and Metallurgy
Skills and competencies
- Attention to detail
- Open, critical and proactive communication style about problem areas
- Drive and commitment
- Honesty and integrity
How to Apply
If you are upto challenge, have the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV and cover letter quoting the job title (Welder) on the email subject to email@example.com by
2nd October 2020.