Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage dynamic individuals for Technical Buyer position for one of our clients
Role Purpose: The successful candidate will work with cross functional teams drawn from the business to develop, implement and manage procurement categories for network/technical ensuring the delivery of assurance of supply, quality, service, service, competitive cost and incremental savings as desired by the business.
Sourcing and Contracting
- Seeking quotations for non-repeat requirements from approved suppliers as per procurement policy;
- Reviewing quotations, negotiating and closing contracts with the best suppliers where required; and
- Ensure procurement of quality goods and services in a timely manner and at competitive prices.
- Develop the category plans for Commercial areas;
- Conduct situational analysis including industry dynamics, supplier research, and source country dynamics and investigate and secure new/alternative sources of supply, technology and services to increase margins through the lowering of costs by introduction of new products or alternative procurement sources beneficial to the company;
- Work with future or current suppliers to develop effective business relations; and
- Liaise with the IT Department to develop and ensure sign off of the Annual Procurement Plan.
- Ensure compliance to contract terms and conditions by both suppliers and internal customers;
- Validate pricing and reconciliation of strategic contracts before order processing and at supplier invoicing; and
- Develop and track cost savings.
Enforce Procure to Pay process
- Timely processing of quality purchase orders in Oracle;
- Continually progressing orders with relating suppliers to ensure goods and services are delivered as per PO lead-time and updates users on status; and
- Review open purchase orders with users and suppliers for closure or receipt as applicable.
Performance Evaluation and Management
- Responsible for business partner performance evaluation and monitoring for category;
- Support in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s;
- Manage business partner dispute resolutions; and
- Give input to the partner satisfaction survey process.
- Must have 4-6 years’ demonstrable experience in technical buying (I.T);
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain or any other business related field from a recognized University;
- Full or part graduate Diploma of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (UK) – added advantage; and
- Knowledge of Oracle or any other ERP system and Ms Excel.
How to Apply
Send your updated CV to email@example.com by 28th Sept 2020.
Clearly indicate the job title.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted