Position: Digital Specialist
Reporting to: Head of Brand and Communication
Department: Consumer – Marketing
Who We Are: Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
Role Purpose: We are seeking an individual who is dynamic by nature and passionate with a track record of delivering results to join our Team. This role is responsible for the overall digital marketing strategy of Telkom Kenya. In charge of planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital marketing campaigns across all digital networks as well as identifying consumer trends.
They will run the day-to-day management of projects and ensure that they are completed successfully and manage social media campaigns, content calendars, maintain the company’s content, among many other tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the digital communication process and guide execution of multi-platform plans, ensuring cohesive customer satisfaction across all touch points and leverage the brand promise
- Initiate brand innovation programs in conjunction with various partners across the digital space
- Spearhead the digital creative process (in conjunction with digital agency) for marketing campaigns
- Work with cross-functional to align and deliver brand activities in a timely manner
- Support the development of the brand strategy inclusive of innovation and communication strategies that enable execution based on strong consumer insights and analyses.
- Develop business brief for communication initiatives and provide feedback to cross functional teams and to make sure digital got to market plans are developed and executed according to brief.
- Support the development of Telkom activity calendar
- Assist with the proposal and development of the A&P in collaboration with digital partners.
- Provide regular budget updates and forecasts throughout the year, conducting monitoring and evaluation initiatives and providing recommendations after the execution of all brand activities.
- Conduct and reporting regular brand performance and health reviews
- Develop and present a monthly competitor analysis report to the various stakeholder
Academic Background & Professional
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) qualification
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
- At least 4 years’ experience as a Content Specialist or similar role
- Proven record of using digital media to drive brand awareness and conversions.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and other digital media best practices
- Understanding of web traffic metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage and make best use of relationships at various levels
- Networking and building partnerships
- Analytical thinking
- Influencing and negotiation
- Customer focus
- Strategic creativity
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and digital practices
- Understanding of web traffic metrics
How to Apply:
Application should be sent to email@example.com by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 9th October 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.