Chief Executive Officer
Job Ref: 10/08/2020
Tenwek Hospital was established in 1937 and located at Bomet County, Tenwek Hospital is a Ministry of the Africa Gospel Church Kenya.
It’s a 361 Bed Capacity Teaching and Referral Hospital serving the vast South West Region of Kenya including but not limited to Bomet, Narok, Kisii, Kericho and Kisumu Counties.
Over the years, the Hospital has grown to become one of the top healthcare institutions in the Country offering a wide variety of healthcare services.
Tenwek Hospital is a Christian Community committed to excellence in provision of Compassionate Healthcare, Spiritual Ministry and Training for Service to the Glory of God.
In order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery, the Hospital is seeking to recruit a transformative, visionary leader with high degree of integrity, demonstrable professionalism
competence and impeccable administrative capability to fill the position of the Chief Executive Officer.
The CEO will provide visionary leadership in the Hospital, setting out direction for the future and have an excellent collaborative style that stimulates the trust and confidence of the Board of
Governors, stake-holders and consumers of the services of the Hospital.
Reporting to the Board of Governors, the CEO will be required to:
- Provide leadership in all matters relating to operations of the Hospital and implementation of its programmes and activities. The CEO will ensure that every aspect of the Hospital’s operations is working efficiently and effectively, and meets standards established by the Board,government and professional bodies.
- Lead the Hospital in accordance with the Hospital’s vision and mission. The CEO will be required to provide excellent leadership for Tenwek Hospital in its Mission of provision of Christian Compassionate Healthcare, Spiritual Ministry and Training for Service.
- Take overall responsibility for ensuring that the Hospital delivers quality healthcare in a cost-effective manner and that appropriate measures for patient safety and satisfaction are in place.
- Safeguard compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, professional standards, as well as policies established by the Board. He/She will need to ensure compliance with all Board mandates and timelines.
- Lead the strategic planning process and implement plans as approved by the Board.
- Ensure that the fiscal management of the Hospital is in accordance with the terms or conditions of any funding received by the Hospital. The CEO will ensure that the Hospital operates in a fiscally responsible manner, including adhering to accounting policies and procedures, and generally accepted accounting standards. He/She will ensure that financial resources are expended in accordance with the annual budget approved by the Board and that procurement procedures in place, supports the purchase of quality goods and services in the most cost- effective manner.
- Ensure that insurance coverage is in place to adequately protect assets, indemnify liabilities and provide for reasonable risk management.
- The CEO is responsible for the overall wellbeing of the staff as well as providing a safe and secure working environment for all staff. He will take overall authority and responsibility for all human resource-related matters. The CEO will be required to monitor and improve the overall performance of staff.
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Board policies. Supervises and keeps the policy register up to date.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional working relations with the Board. Respects and honors the Board’s role and responsibilities and facilitates the implementation of that role as defined in Board policy. Keeps the Board informed through the provision of appropriate financial information and other monitoring reports.
- Take appropriate action to ensure open, transparent, positive external and internal communications are developed and maintained.
- Ensure that the assets and the records of the Hospital are safeguarded as per the Hospital’s policy.
- Effectively manage Tenwek Hospital’s key national and international partner relationships.
- Develop close working relationship with the Africa Gospel Church, World Gospel Mission, the Community, County and National Governments.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Board.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in any of the following areas: Business Administration, Health Care Management, Health Administration, Healthcare Innovation or other related areas
- Undergraduate Degree in Medical / Clinical Studies, Business, Finance, Economics or other related field from a recognized University and relevant experience
- Proven track record of strong Christian faith and character
- At least 10 years’ experience in Senior Management position in a Hospital setting /Corporate Organization
- Policy and strategic implementation
- Stakeholders focus
- Good leadership and management skills
- High standards of professional ethics
- International exposure and building partnerships
- Knowledge of Procurement processes
- Proven experience in Resource Management, Project Initiation, Implementation and Evaluation
- Proven knowledge & experience in people management and empowerment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Good knowledge of Hospital Information Management Systems will be an added advantage
- Conflict resolution skills
- Good background in turn around management and change management
- Excellent team-building, innovation and organizational skills with integrity
The ideal candidate should have valid Education Testimonials, Certificate of Good Conduct, Tax Compliance Certificate, Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau.
The successful candidate will be engaged on a 5 [five] year contract renewable once, subject to satisfactory appraisal and acceptable performance
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application letter with a detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact number and addresses of three professional referees to:
Tenwek Hospital Board of Governors,
P.O. Box 39 – 20400,
Applications should be sent directly to email@example.com by 4th September 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.