Our client is one of the largest textiles manufacturing companies in Kenya. They manufacture textile products from cotton and cotton blend fibres and produce a wide range of textile products that include finished fabrics, khanga, flannels, kitenge, bed sheets, upholstery, furnishing, suiting materials, shirting materials ready-made apparel, and uniforms, among other products.
They are now seeking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of the General Manager, Production.
JOB REF: MN 8020
He/ She will be reporting to the Managing Director.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the production operations strategy tied to the Strategic plan;
- Prepare and implement the approved production budget/plan in liaison with the Managing Director and the Executive Committee;
- Coordinate Spinning; Preparation and Weaving; Processing and Finished Products; Fashion and Apparel; Quality Assurance and Engineering functions;
- Spearhead research and development initiatives in the improvement of production standards, new products and cost effective production method including plant improvement and reliability reviews;
- Review and develop production methods and techniques to ensure proper utilization of resources;
- Coordinate the development, review and implementation of Factory (Production) infrastructure policies, regulations, procedures, systems and strategies;
- Coordinate plant maintenance to ensure that preventive and corrective actions are timely taken and ensure plant availability to meet scheduled production targets;
- Prepare Board and Management production reports tied to the Company’s performance;
- Lead, manage develop capacity of the production team by creating an enabling working environment, enhancing team spirit and talent development in the technical capacity of the Company manpower.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Textile Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in any of the following fields, Textile Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Strategic Management will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least ten (10) years’ experience of which five (5) years should be in Senior Management Position in a reputable manufacturing organization.
- Ability to physically inspect plant equipment.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One page statement on how you meet the requirements of the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary
- Professional certificates and testimonials
- Three professional referees
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Qualified ladies and persons with disabilities and minority interests groups are encouraged to apply
Canvassing of any sort shall lead to automatic disqualification
Non-Kenyan Applicants shall be required to fulfill all the requirements of obtaining a work permit if successful and accept remuneration paid to Kenyan citizens and other employment conditions.
Following the instructions listed above, submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 4TH SEPTEMBER 2020