Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: NOC Engineer
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Employment Status: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Dispatch Team Leader
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Manager – NOC, the core role of NOC Engineer will be network monitoring especially ticketing, field dispatch coordination, tracking of resolution and update, as well as Node audit and redundancy tests.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Overall, he/she will be responsible for:
- Proactive network monitoring and alert encompassing timely fault detection, accurate ticketing and alerting, active fault resolutions follow-up and updates using our alert platforms accurately and as required (SMS, WhatsAPP, Calls, Emails etc.)
- Consistent and proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and reporting of all outages on infrastructure including but not limited to data centre, GPON network, Hybrid Fiber coax, TV systems, Local and International IP backbone, Metro Switch network, Voice network, Power, SDH/Transmission Network and Monitoring screens.
- Monitoring, managing and maintaining Network Management Systems/Servers: SolarWinds Orion, Easy Docsis, Broadhub, Cacti, Nagios, Microtik Dude, Huawei GPON U2000, ECI Xmanager.
- Validating alarms from monitoring tools for downtime reporting and for raising trouble tickets.
- Doing reports on core network uptime & availability.
- Monitoring regional and international circuits via Teams, TATA, PCCW, Zesco, EASSy, Seacom and Bharti Airtel India (SEMEWE 4 and IMEWE).
- Follow-ups on downtime resolution to adhere to SLAs and providing RFOs on time.
- Accurate incident management: Raising accurate Tickets on all faults within stipulated SLA
- Attending field support or assisting Field Support engineers in bringing up new links/troubleshooting field related outages
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults on 2nd tier escalation from Support as per WBS escalation matrix
- Network Documentation: This involves maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Manage network maintenance, both emergency and planned in co-ordination with other departments involved
- Develop solution/customer network diagrams for new projects being handled on the NOC level.
Desired Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years in technical department with direct experience in facing technical clients, technical experience in the telecommunications area with deep knowledge of transmission and IP network services
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Good knowledge on IP and Transmission network provisioning of services.
- Knowledge on radio frequency, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (MRTG, RRD, NAGIOS, SNMP).
- Good network diagnostic and analytical skills.
- Basic Linux CLI & sysadmin skills.
- Ability to work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Be able to work in a call-out Rota running 24×7.
- CCNA/JNCIA certification, CCNP/JNCIP will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with job the title ”NOC Engineer” as the respective subject line not later than 15th September, 2020.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.