Wananchi Group (K) Ltd
Job Title: Sales Manager
Department Location: Nairobi – Kenya (as per HR policyrelocation t o any WGKL market / country)
Employment Status / Type: Permanent
Position Reporting to: Managing Director – Zuku Fiber
Manages Others: Yes
Titles & Number of Positions Managed:
i) OP Project Manager / Assistant Project Manager – external
ii) OP Sales Agents – external
iii) Zuku Fiber Team Leaders – internal
Job Purpose / Summary: Reporting to the Managing Director the Sales Manager is overall responsible to provide leadership towards the achievement of the regions sales target, and the development & implementation of all sales & marketing activities in the assigned region.
The Sales Manager provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum market customer acquisition, penetration into existing build homes, other customer management measures eg. Win-back, NPD, packages uptake and overall revenue and profit growth of company business in line with company goals and objectives.
- Develops a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for the performance and development of the sales team and the penetration levels in the regions and sub-segments for both the residential and Small Office Home Office (SOHO)
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects and the relevant tools/systems to close the leads effectively and timeously.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with different levels of the sales team members to build more effective communications, to create understanding of company plans, strategies, and to determine training & development needs, to provide insight for the improvement of Sales team members sales and sales activity performance.
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales teams performance and recommends corrective actions.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Sales Teams.
- Assists Sales team members in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection of the sales team based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
Key Performance Indicators:
1. Sales growth & Penetration growth
2. Customer service/issues management and customer base management churn win-back / NPD etc.
3. Market intelligence & Insights and competitor information gathering and feedback
4. Executional excellence based on SFA reporting
Functional and Behavioral Attributes
- Goal driven and result oriented; works well under pressure and can attain financial and other performance measures set
- Personal Ethics : honest, fair with self and others demonstrates integrity in work and business conduct
- Communication skills : excellent written , verbal and presentation skills
Educational and Other Qualifications
- Under graduate university degree in Sales & Marketing or business administration.
- At least 7 (seven) years sales managerial experience in Telecommunications, FMCG, Insurance or other service industry organization with experience in managing field based direct sales team is critical.
- Demonstrated Prior experience in developing sales plans, sales strategies, and developing route to markets and growth plans is required.
- A record of achievement in meeting sales goals, achieving targets against set performance goals and budgets
- Proven leadership and organizational skills and the ability to adjust quickly to changes in market conditions and the competitive environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with job the title ”Sales Manager” as the subject line not later than 11th September, 2020.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.