Our client is one of the largest firms providing warehousing services in Africa seeking to hire highly competent and qualified persons in the Region for the following position:
The Warehouse Supervisor will be fully responsible for the operations in the warehouse.
He / She will work closely with Inventory Assistant to ensure high integrity and reliability of inventory database.
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee’s performance
- Organize and maintain inventory and storage area
- Ensure shipments’ and inventory transactions’ accuracy
- Communicate job expectations and coach employees
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload
- Interface with customers to answer questions or solve problems
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status
- Identify areas of improvement and establish innovative or adjust existing work procedures and practices
- Confer and coordinate activities with other departments
Qualification / Experience
- A minimum of 4 years of practical work experience in warehousing including updating inventory records in the bin cards, picking, packing and dispatch of materials.
- Proficient experience working with SAP
- Proficient knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Diploma in Supply Chain/Logistic Management / Warehouse or Stores Management, or Diploma in related fields.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is also desirable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the stipulated qualifications should submit their applications alongside Detailed CVs, copies of certificates and testimonials not later than Wednesday 23rd September 2020. (Close of Business) with current address, telephone contacts and names of 3 referees addressed to the contact firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Competitive salaries based on experience will be paid to the successful candidate. Persons of Somali origin are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.