Airports Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd is a leading SACCO whose membership is drawn from Kenya Airports Authority staff and other reputable organizations.
Our mission is to mobilize funds and empower members through provision of timely and competitive financial services.
Guided by the above mandate, the SACCO is seeking to fill the under listed vacant position.
Job Re-Advertisement: Chief Executive Officer
Job Grade: 1A
Job Ref: CEO/OCTOBER 2020
Job Purpose: The job holder is responsible for planning, developing and driving the business and people strategies which support the SACCO’s overall strategic aims and objectives. S/He will lead Management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which to manage and grow the society’s business ensuring strategy execution.
Employment Terms: 3 Years’ Contract
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed by the Board and shall be responsible for the day to day operations of the Sacco society and in particular ensure;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Developing and recommending to the Board long term strategy, business plans and annual operating budgets and establishing proper internal monitoring, control systems and procedures;
2. Ensuring timely presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authority and the ministry for co-operatives development and marketing.
3. To assess the principal risks of the Sacco and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed in collaboration with the audit function of the Sacco.
4. To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place.
5. To ensure that the Directors are properly informed and that sufficient information is provided to the Board to enable the Directors to form appropriate judgments.
6. To ensure the Sacco is appropriately organized and staffed as necessary to enable it to achieve the approved strategy.
7. Ensuring Staff Performance Management through implementation of the Staff Targets and Performance Appraisals.
8. Ensuring Staff Motivation, Welfare and Safety.
9. Co-ordination and preparing business related proposals, reports and other submission for consideration by the Board;
10. Ensuring compliance with all statutory, legal, social and regulatory requirements in the execution of the business strategies;
11. Ensuring the Society has set policies and procedures and in consultation with the Board ensure compliance and reviewed as necessary;
12. Overseeing execution of all business processes within the set policies, procedures and standards;
13. Providing strategic direction and leadership to Management and technical advisory to the Board;
14. Ensuring maintenance of effective external/internal controls to safeguard the Society’s assets and oversee the annual/quarterly or ad hoc financial audit processes as required;
15. Ensuring books of accounts, records and returns are kept and that regular financial statistical operational information is prepared and submitted to the Board of Directors, other Committees, relevant Regulatory and Government Departments.
16. Approves all payments to members and manages all administrative activities of the Society.
17. Ensuring that systems have been established to facilitate efficient operations and communications are followed.
18. Coordinating development of new products for the Society.
19. Overseeing effective management of human resources for optimal productivity through policies and strategies that attract and retain qualified and competent staff;
20. Fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices
21. Ensuring the Society’s vision, mission, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders – Media, public and private sector as well as the membership;
22. Overseeing development and implementation of corporate social responsibility initiatives and ensure that the image is well projected and protected;
23. Provide strategic linkages with the corporate world, business community, government agencies and other social partners for the benefit of the Society’s growth; and
24. Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by board from time to time to achieve the SACCO’s objectives.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- A University degree in Commerce/Finance related field, preferably B.com, BBA, BBM, Business Administration from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning University.
- Be Master’s degree holder
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a busy deposit taking Sacco or any other financial institution, five(5) years of these being in a Senior Management Position in a busy accounting environment and preferably within the cooperative movement.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework of the Co-operative Sector.
- Experience in FOSA management an added advantage
- Proficiency in Computer applications especially in accounting packages and Systems.
Must demonstrate the following attributes / Skills
i) Team player with good leadership skills.
ii) Advanced decision making skills.
iii) Problem Solver: Solving problems of overall human resource management and long-term organizational planning.
iv) Change Agent: Introducing and implementing institutional changes and installing organizational development programs in regard to SACCO matters.
v) Management of Manpower Resources: Broadly concerned with leadership both in the group and individual relationships and labour management relations.
vi) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The SACCO believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource.
The SACCO believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the above criteria, please download an application form from our web site www.airportssacco.co.ke.
Those who had applied are encouraged to reapply.
Interested candidates to send their application either on soft copy through email@example.com or hard copy to be dropped at Airports Sacco Ltd offices opposite Kenya Airports Authority (K.A.A) Headquarters, Fire Training School attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
Application to be addressed to:
Airports Sacco Limited
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P.O. Box 19001-00501, Nairobi, Kenya
Your application should reach us on or before 29th October, 2020.
Airports Sacco Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for the position will also be required to;
- Provide a 2019 Tax Compliance Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)