Airports Savings and Credit Co-operative Society Ltd is a leading SACCO whose membership is drawn from Kenya Airports Authority staff and other reputable organizations.
Our mission is to mobilize funds and empower members through provision of timely and competitive financial services.
Guided by the above mandate, the SACCO is seeking to fill the under listed vacant position.
Job Vacancy: Finance Manager
Job Grade: 1A
Job Ref: FM/OCTOBER 2020
Job Purpose: The job holder is responsible for strategic financial planning and management, financial advisory, resource mobilization and reporting.
H/She will provide effective and efficient coordination and supervision of accounting, treasury and financial management through the development and implementation of sound accounting, financial systems and internal control procedures in accordance with regulations, standards and Sacco policies and procedures.
Employment Terms: 3 Years’ Contract
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership in overall financial management in preparation of financial statements, budget formulation and Sacco investment strategy.
2. To develop and implement procedures and activities that will ensure the adequacy of cash flows in the SACCO.
3. To develop and maintain a financial system that provides fast, up to date and timely financial reports in the SACCO.
4. To record and maintain the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers of all financial transactions of both BOSA and FOSA and the entire SACCO.
5. To prepare timely, accurate and reliable financial reports for decision making by the Board i.e. – monthly trial balance, income and expenditure statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and loan delinquencies in BOSA and FOSA
6. To conduct reviews and evaluations for cost control/reduction opportunities and prepare quarterly financial report highlighting on how the environmental variables are impacting on the SACCO business performance.
7. To ensure that the society operations adhere to financial and accounting policies and procedures at all times.
8. To maintain proper books of accounts according to the Co-operative Societies Act, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), other legislations and regulatory requirements.
9. To manage Sacco’s Budget against actual performance and advise the board and senior management on modalities to maintain growth and the long term financial goals of the Sacco.
10. To establish good working relations with professionals and regulators.
11. Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time to achieve the SACCO’s objectives.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience required for this position
- A Bachelors’ degree in Accounting/Finance from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning.
- Be Master’s degree holder
- Be a certified CPA(K) or ACCA holder
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants (ICPAK)
- Minimum of Eight (8) years relevant Management experience in a busy deposit taking Sacco or any other financial institution, four (4) years of these being in a Senior Management Position in a busy accounting environment and preferably within the co-operative movement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Financial planning and Management.
- Strong analytical and numeric skills
- A proven track record in organization and problem solving skills for effective and prompt decision making.
- Sound knowledge in Deposit taking Sacco, Accounting standards (IFRS) and regulatory ‘s (SASRA) guidelines governing DTS’s
- Proficiency in Computer applications especially in accounting packages and Systems.
Must demonstrate the following attributes / skills
i) Team player with good leadership skills.
ii) Flair in current Financial and Business Trends
iii) Have unquestionable integrity
iv) Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
The SACCO believes that the advancement and success of any organization is primarily due to the strength, quality and efficiency of its Human Resource.
The SACCO believes in having an engaged, highly motivated and results-oriented workforce in delivering sustainable corporate performance.
If you are interested in the above position and you meet the above criteria, please download an application form from our web site www.airportssacco.co.ke.
Interested candidates to send their application either on soft copy through email@example.com or hard copy to be dropped at Airports Sacco Ltd offices opposite Kenya Airports Authority (K.A.A) Headquarters, Fire Training School attaching copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, a full resume/curriculum vitae highlighting relevant experience, details of current and expected salary, a daytime phone contact, email address and names of three (3) professional referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
Application to be addressed to:
Airports Sacco Limited
KAA Head Office, Airport North Road
P.O. Box 19001-00501, Nairobi, Kenya
Your application should reach us on or before 29th October, 2020.
Airports Sacco Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note that canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In Line with Chapter Six, of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, shortlisted candidates for the position will also be required to;
- Provide a 2019 Tax Compliance Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Present a current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Submit a Declaration of Wealth to the relevant Authorities
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)