The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering persons with different abilities.
APDK Nairobi Branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy:
Outreach Mobile Clinic Coordinator
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take overall responsibility in the management of the administrative and programmatic services of the program.
- Work hand in hand with Rehabilitation teams at the MoH Health facilities, Stakeholders, Organizations of persons with disabilities in providing integrated Rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities. This includes initiating of MOU with County Governments and partners for service delivery.
- Documentation of client’s progress and daily/monthly/quarterly & annual reports.
- Ensure patient demands are met and deadlines are kept to ensure continued provision of services.
- Work in cooperation with the Accounts Department and the Branch Administration to design, forecast, and update annual and periodic program budgets
- Plan, organize, and direct the provision of mobile clinic health services and programs to designated areas.
- Initiate and/or reinforce the network system with existing structures to promote integrated community development and access to health services.
- Establish and maintain contacts with internal and external stakeholders, Government line ministries to provide information, garner acceptance and support of the project, and ensure that the project meets client needs
- Building effective sustainable referral systems with local Health facilities, and community organizations.
- Facilitate training and community empowerment activities.
- Provide accurate and timely report to the management for planning.
- Coordinate project activities and strategical planning with government line ministries for sustainability and Ownership.
coordinate the development of training materials and methodology relevant to the execution of the project
- Ensures proper utilization of resources, including prompt accountability of funds and reporting by the rehabilitation teams and volunteers involved in the program.
- Use participatory methodology when working with all project stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with other departments within the branch, various government ministries, Institutions and with community, DPOs and groups to maximize the effectiveness of the community initiated strategy.
- Facilitate resource mobilization for services at the Counties, other stakeholders and partners for service delivery and scale up of project activities.
- Possess Diploma in Orthopaedic Technology, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy from Kenya Medical Training College or any other relevant institution
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in coordinating and providing technical support to Orthopaedic/Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment on disability issues and readiness to work with persons with disabilities across board.
- Have the ability to work for long and odd hours under minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate and ability to work independently
- Experience with donor funded projects and reporting
- Be registered with a professional body
- Fluent in spoken & written English
- Available to begin immediately
How to Apply
Qualified persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted in Hard copy or Soft copy at firstname.lastname@example.org together with a CV including current contacts of three referees (one of whom should be the immediate supervisor), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current / last and expected remuneration to be submitted on or before 23rd October, 2020.
The Human Resource Manager,
Westlands Waiyaki Way;
Opposite Oil Libya
Box 46747, 00100