African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Finance and Administrative Officer
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy-relevant multidisciplinary research.
Our researchers address critical development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and wellbeing.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Finance and Administrative Officer to work in the West Africa Regional Office (WARO) in Senegal.
- Provide support to project staff by ensuring cost effective utilization of resources;
- Monitor project expenditure to ensure they are in line with budgets and donors’ requirements;
- Preparation of organizational and donor financial reports;
- Review of field imprest/staff travel advance to ensure adherence to organizational policies and specific grant requirements;
- Prepare budgets and assist with administrative section of proposals to funders;
- Prepare for project audits by continuously reviewing accounts for accuracy and provide support to auditors during project financial audits;
- Process payments and funds transfers;
- Maintain account books and perform bank reconciliations and financial projections;
- Ensure proper records management and compliance with internal and external requirements;
- Conduct due diligence procedures of project partners, providing capacity-strengthening support in areas of weakness and following with them to ensure timely reporting as per sub-award requirements.
- Prepare payroll, submission of statutory deductions and other returns required by the Senegalese Government;
- Ensure receipting and prompt banking of funds received;
- Guide procurement and office administration and handling HR matters in collaboration with the head office;
- Process and manage staff medical and other insurance schemes as well as keep staff records
- Liaise with the Head Office on financial, HR and administrative matters; and
- Contribute to the preparation, monitoring and reporting for the WARO business plan
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or Business; a CPA or equivalent qualification is an added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision;
- Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets;
- At least 3 years’ professional accounting experience preferably in an international NGO;
- Excellent computer skills in computer software programs, including MS word, MS Excel and familiarity with accounting software, preferably MS Dynamics;
- Ability to fluently communicate and write in English and French languages; and
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal https://aphrc.org/vacancies/ by November 6th, 2020.
The Application letter and CV must be in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
Immeuble Diallo Lô, 5ème étage Lot 325-327 CICES VDN, Dakar Sénégal
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of persons at risk