Capacity Building and Qualification of Organic, Fair for Life Fair Trade and GLOBALG.A.P. Farm Inspectors
Olivado EPZ Limited is an agribusiness company involved in the processing of avocado oil and export of fresh avocados from contracted farmers in Kenya. The company has been operation since 2007.
We are currently requesting proposals from qualified and legally registered training companies which can offer training and coaching to qualify staff as Organic, Fair for Life Fair Trade and GlobalG.A.P. farm inspectors.
Terms of reference:
Train and coach twenty (20) staff on the following.
1. GlobalG.A.P. Standard requirements training.
2. EU organic regulations, USDA National Organic Programme and Japanese Agriculture Standard training. Provide evaluation and prove of qualification to meet JAS grader and production process manager and or director or repacking manager training requirements.
3. Fair for Life Fair Trade Standard Requirements for producers, processors, hired labour and contract production training.
4. At least one day practical inspection course setting out basic principles of inspection and audits.
5. At least two witness inspections for each trainee who must accompany a duly registered and practicing Certifying Body inspector or auditor.
6. At least one successful shadow inspection per trainee by a qualified auditor or qualified inspector or by the Certifying body.
7. Training in HACCP principles.
8. Food hygiene training.
9. Plant protection training
10. Fertilizer use and management training.
11. Integrated pest management training
How to Apply
The desired consulting firm must have thorough knowledge in avocado production and proficient in internal management and control system geared towards compliance to various private voluntary standards.
Suitably qualified firms should submit their proposals detailing the following: –
A. Technical Proposal
1. Understanding of the terms of reference.
2. Description of the methodology and work plan for performing the tasks.
3. Prove of qualification and curriculum vitae for proposed trainers and coaches.
B. Financial proposal
Complete proposals (The technical part in one Zip folder indicated “Technical Proposal from – indicate your company name” and the other Zip folder “Financial Proposal from indicate your company name,” to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th October 2020.
Only those responding adequately to the terms of reference will be contacted upon evaluation of the proposals.