Job Title: Chief Nutritionist
Nature of Job: Full Time
Industry: Healthcare Services – Hospital
Salary: KES 100k – 150k
Job Location: Nairobi
Summary: Our client is a chain of hospitals with branches all over the country, and are looking to fill the role of the Chief Nutritionist to be based in Nairobi. Reporting to the Branch coordinator, the Chief Nutritionist shall be responsible for planning, organizing, supervising and evaluating of nutrition services in the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, organizing and coordinating nutrition programmes in the Hospital and providing nutrition advice support.
- Provide innovative, preventive and curative nutrition services to inpatients and outpatients
- Lead a team of junior nutritionists and guide them accordingly
- Supervises the in-patient clinical nutrition staff
- Oversee and participate in the coordination of in-patient nutrition assessments involving all aspects of medical nutrition therapy and interventions
- Coordinates and integrates with other hospital departments and medical services to provide the best possible patient care
- Evaluate performance and competence of the clinical nutrition staff on an on-going basis, ensuring that the staff is competent to provide medical nutrition services
- Be knowledgeable regarding the duties of the Clinical Nutrition Assistant with the ability to perform all functions as needed.
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in- Foods, Nutrition and Dietetics / Clinical Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition, Home Economics and Nutrition or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in a busy and recognised hospital
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.