Our Client in the construction industry seeks to hire a Civil Engineer who will lead the quality control function to ensure that sound production process parameters are designed and maintained for production of quality products that conform to customer specifications, organisations standards and statutory requirements.
Position Title: Civil Engineer – Quality Assurance
Section / Unit: Ready Mix Concrete
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, coordinating, and directing quality control programs designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties;
- Develop and maintain the quality control processes and procedures to ensure production of quality products that conform to the Kenya Bureau of Standards specification and internal standards to meet customer specifications.
- Lead in decision making on concrete at the plant or at site with workability issues and facilitate restoration of the concrete and approves discards for concrete that cannot be rectified.
- Responsible for designing mixes aimed at managing the materials variable cost within company budgets while maintaining the required quality standards and carrying out quality checks on finished products.
- Supervise the production process from raw material receiving, testing, product manufacture and handling of the finished product by carrying out quality checks on the product to ensure continuous control over materials and end products.
- Maintain the process of sampling concrete both at the plant and at site, delivery of samples to the laboratory and ensures that cube samples are tested for conformance to meet customer expectations, develop and share customer certificates for every delivery.
- Plan for machine routine maintenance, calibration (including laboratory equipment) and ensure compliance to Kenya bureau of standards and ISO 9001.
- Ensure quality raw materials availability for production such that non- conforming materials are not allowed at the plant to maintain quality production.
- Formulate and maintain quality objectives, in line with the overall business strategy and in coordination with production to maximise product reliability and minimise costs.
- Liaise with the sales team, batching plant and quality technician to ensure that the right mixes are selected to ensure right quality is delivered to the customer with respect to class, workability and type.
- Receive, investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding quality of the products and give timely feedback to the customer in order to maintain customer relations.
- Plan, promote and organise training activities related to product, quality and reliability for both staff and customer site.
- Participate in research and development activities to help innovation of new products and processes to continuously improve production and manage costs with increased profitability.
- Ensure a safe working environment in compliance with all safety procedures for all employees and visitors to the facility.
Skills & Competencies
- Project Management skills
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
- MS Office Suite/ Autocad/ArchiCad
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ field experience in a similar industry.
- Solid knowledge of construction technology, aggregates, concrete and quality standards from Kenya Bureau of Standards and other international standards on concrete technology.
- Proven experience in operation and management of Premix/Ready-mix concrete plant is an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their C.V only to email@example.com clearly quoting ‘Civil Engineer – Quality Assurance’ on the email subject, indicating the current and expected salary on the email not later than 18th October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any fee.