Our client is in the Construction, Electrical, Design and Engineering industry is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Civil Engineer to join their team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, design and overseeing construction and maintenance of infrastructure, such as utilities to serve major property developments, roads, bridges, irrigation projects, power plants, and water and sewerage systems.
- Integrate with the project team and report to the Project Manager for related works.
- Responsible for the preparation of design related deliverables- drawings, calculations, and reports at all stages of design.
- Develop technical drawings and write technical reports in English; QA and Project Management and coordination support of all projects to meet critical delivery dates.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with other disciplines to produce an integrated and cost-effective design.
- Undertaking technical feasibility studies, site investigation, preliminary design, supervising Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) reports
- Undertaking detailed Engineering design using computer aided tools
- Ensure all necessary quality documentations are in place prior to execution of any activity.
- Site supervision of construction activities including but not limited to progress planning and monitoring, quality control and noncompliance monitoring and reporting, ensuring projects run smoothly and works are completed within budget and on time
- Be able to integrate with the wider, remote project team and report to all remote project leaders.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or any related field
- Minimum 10 years practical experience in Building/design and construction environment
- Registered as Professional Engineer registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya
- Experience in highway and drainage design of infrastructure related projects is essential
- Excellent knowledge of design standards and codes including the DRMB, specification for Highways works, pavement design and drainage design
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD including AutoCAD, MicroStation and Civils 3D.
How to Apply
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com by 16th October 2020 indicating your current gross salary and benefits.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement