Kenya Ferry Services Limited
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Company Profile: Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Database and Network Administrator
Grade FM 5
Post Ref: 3000/04 2020
Job Summary: Reporting to ICT Officer and will be responsible for ensuring system and network administration IT and ERP support.
- Direct smooth and efficient running of all IT systems;
- Oversee availability of KFS databases (Microsoft SQL server database), ACCPAC financial system, payroll system and point of sale system;
- Ensure availability and accessibility of the company’s LAN and WAN. This involves designing, developing and maintaining computer networks;
- Maintain computer work stations, servers, printers, routers;
- Implement IT system security in the organization; and
- Ensure computer security, antivirus and apply patches on operating systems and office application.
Required qualifications and experience
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field from a recognized University;
- Postgraduate degree and professional certificates such as MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, CISA, CGEIT, CISM will be an added advantage;
- Microsoft Certified Professional, Cisco, CCNA;
- Membership of a professional ICT body;
- 4 years working experience, with administrative responsibility.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke
Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”