Karirana Estates Limited, manufacturers of Eden Tea brand, is an agribusiness company based in Kiambu County involved in growing, manufacture and packing of high-quality tea for local and export markets.
The company seeks to fill the position of Plant Technician in the Factory Department.
- To assist in planning and upholding mechanical maintenance activities by preparing daily, weekly monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance schedules that guarantee efficient use of energy availability of serviceable machines, habitable houses and buildings at optimal cost.
- To lead the assigned team of artisans in the execution of the planned activities as derived from (i) above while guaranteeing utmost safety in conformity with regulations; food safety, quality workmanship and adherence to health & safety procedures.
- To carry out regular inspection of plant, machinery, buildings and water supply in order to proactively identify required repairs, spares tools, equipment, and materials.
- To carry out troubleshooting / fault diagnosis on machines and equipment and provide solutions to support seamless companywide operations
- To identify training needs and execute training and development of the artisans including mentoring of the team for optimal productivity.
- To provide support to the Senior Plant Technician and factory management in preparation and coordination of statutory Inspections.
Competencies and Attributes
- Highly developed supervisory skills.
- Self-driven and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability in coaching and developing of staff
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with ArchiCAD/ AutoCAD.
- Conversant with FSMS and OHSE requirements.
- Flexibility to run a production shift when required from time to time.
- Diploma – Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production Engineering
- Three years relevant experience. Experience in a tea industry is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you posses the requirements above please send your application and CV to the address below on or before 26th October, 2020.
The General Manager
Karirana Estates Limited
P.O. Box, 39, Limuru, Kenya
OR e-mail to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.