Kenya Ferry Services Limited
Career Opportunities in Marine Transport Industry
Company Profile: Kenya Ferry Services is a State Corporation, established under the Companies Act (CAP 486) of the Laws of Kenya and operating under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing, Urban Development and Public Works, mandated with the operation of ferries in the Country.
The Company’s headquarters are set along the expansive shores of the beautiful and splendid Indian Ocean overlooking the magnificent view of the channel at Peleleza, Likoni, Mombasa.
To strengthen its workforce, KFSL is seeking to recruit dynamic, highly driven and result oriented individuals for the following positions:
Engineering Technician (Mechanical)
Grade FM 6
Post Ref: 2000-42/43/44/45/46/47/48/49/ 2020
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Engineering Technician (Mechanical), the Engineering Technician (Mechanical) will be responsible for coordinating routine, corrective and preventive maintenance of vessels and equipment onboard ferries.
- Prepare defects list for vessels’ dry docking;
- Prepare and submit daily and monthly vessel maintenance reports;
- Overhaul engines, propellers, pumps, power generating sets, and other equipment;
- Initiate safety procedures onboard a vessel in case of emergency and;
- Initiate development of procurement plans for the mechanical section in the engineering department.
Required qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognized institution;
- Standard Training for Certification and Watch keeping (STCW);
- Must be a holder of certificate of competency as Second Class Engine Officer (Port Operations);
- Marine Equipment Specialist Certificate will be an added advantage; and
- Must have a minimum of (three) 3 years relevant working experience preferably in marine transport.
Kenya Ferry Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equity within the organization.
Applicants comprising persons living with disabilities (PWDs), those from marginalized areas, youth and women are encouraged to apply.
Terms of Service and Remuneration: All the above positions are challenging and offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages which include basic salary, house allowance, medical cover, leave travel allowance and other benefits in accordance with the Kenya Government Public Service guidelines.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and should submit among other documents;
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If you believe your career objectives match the above roles, please submit your application, on or before 2nd November, 2020 on our recruitment portal recruitment.kenyaferry.co.ke
Only applications made on the recruitment portal will be accepted.
Applications without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Kenya Ferry Services Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.”
“Experience the Blue Economy with the Best Ferry Service.”