GMC Fun Place
Job Vacancy: Barista / Mixologist
Job Location: Kitengela
Job Summary: As a Barista / Mixologist you will be expected to prepare and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in the establishment and for the delivery of a friendly, efficient customer service while creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates and ensuring an excellent drinking experience for our customers.
- Serving and presenting hot beverages promptly and efficiently, while adhering to establishment’s standards.
- Requisitioning of products used in production of all beverages from stores
- Take orders while paying attention to details, selling at coffee or bar stations within the establishment (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, tea, etc.)
- Prepare beverages following recipes.
- Dispensing ice-cream to guests at the designated areas.
- Keep the service area clean.
- Maintain stock of clean mugs, plates and glasses.
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items.
- Keeping up to date with current promotions and new products.
- Making customers aware of offers on great food and drink range.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with the beverages and service and take action to correct any problems.
- Dealing with any minor guest complaint and keeping the supervisor informed of any guest complaints and comments.
- Comply with health and safety regulations.
- Performing any other duties assigned from time to time
- Must have a Diploma in Food and Beverage Service; relevant training is a plus
- Previous 3 years’ work experience as cocktail Barista/Mixologist.
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Must have a valid good conduct certificate.
Key competencies and skills
- Outstanding customer care, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Well organized, presentable and with an ability to work under pressure;
- Be a good team player; and
- Fluency in English and Swahili languages.
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Customer comfort and safety.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Barista/Mixologist” being the subject of the email, with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Application deadline: 14/11/2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fees for recruitment.