GMC Fun Place
Job Vacancy: Events Marketing Officer
Location: Kitengela, Kenya
Reporting to the Games & Events Supervisor
We are seeking for qualified Event Marketing Officer to join our professional team at our entertainment facility (GMC POT LIMITED-THE FUN PLACE) based in Kitengela.
The successful person will support the marketing of our entertainment facility which offers space for events such as weddings, birthday parties, concerts, festivals, group parties, kids Christmas parties amongst other events as well as VIP meeting rooms convenient for wedding committees, send-off meetings, amongst others.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their marketing skills in a busy events team within a well-respected cultured organization.
The desired person will be an organized person, have good attention to detail, administrative flair, and show a demonstrable interest in marketing.
Within the role s/he will utilize all disciplines of marketing and communications including e-commerce, social media and advertising mediums to attract new event attendees and manage relationships with existing audiences.
S/he will report to the Games & Events Supervisor and will work closely with other members of the events team, assisting them, when required, in relevant aspects of event management and production.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Come up with a strategy for sourcing profitable events.
- Event planning, design and production while managing delivery elements within time limits.
- Smoothly continue the implementation of the Events marketing plan, using relevant elements of the marketing mix.
- Manage the Events website and social media channels with due regard for the College and Events brand guidelines and strategic direction.
- Ensure all events promote the brand and increase productivity; communicate and define GMC Pot Ltd brand.
- Develop and produce promotional materials, including writing and liaising with other departments, agencies and suppliers
- Conduct market research, identify event opportunities and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Working with clients to identify their needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Drive first-class customer service and a process of continuous improvement through feedback collation and distribution, agreed action plans and improved communications across the
- Events department and the GMC Pot family.
- Organize facilities and details such as decor, outside catering, Weddings & Party’s & Carrying out promotions and Market Activations.
- Generate a calendar of all daily, weekly and monthly events and bookings in the facility.
- Liaise with Digital Media and PR teams to promote and publicize events.
- Provide feedback and periodic reports to facility management.
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and events quality.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree or diploma in Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, Communication or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 4 years proven experience as an events planner or organizer with an ability to do décor.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events).
- Ability to prioritize workload to ensure that events and marketing responsibilities are fulfilled when working within a busy team environment.
- Efficient and calm when working under pressure on a variety of tasks simultaneously, to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including accurate use of English and the ability to proof materials for sense and accuracy.
- Ability to proactively identify and exploit opportunities to promote facilities and services as they arise.
- Ability to work well independently and to contribute as part of a team, with a supportive attitude to colleagues.
- Willingness to work outside of normal office hours on occasion when required
- Excellent IT Literacy is required.
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and communication skills.
- Should be creative, presentable with excellent customer service skills.
- Willing to manage references from previous clients.
- Integrity and a team player.
How to Apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with “Events Marketing Officer” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees on or before 14th November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: The GMC-Fun place does not charge any fees for recruitment.