DSW | Youth Can
Terms of Reference for Graphic Designer for Kenya Commitments at the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25.
Background: During the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25 held in November 2019, the Government of Kenya committed to taking action to continue implementing the International Conference on Population and Development Programme of Action and the 2030 Agenda within the legal, policy and cultural context of the country.
In order to facilitate discussions and implementation of the commitments at national, county and community levels, the National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) intends to develop simpler, and more visual illustrated versions of the commitments.
Objectives of the consultancy
- To design and layout a four-page (A4 size) infographic on Kenya commitments at the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25.
- To design and layout a larger format poster (A0 size) infographic of Kenya commitments at the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25.
Tasks and Activities
Design and Layout
Working with NCPD and DSW Kenya Staff:
- Prepare artworks for a four-page (A4 size) infographic of Kenya Country commitments on the Nairobi summit on ICPD25.
- Produce artworks for a larger format poster (A0 size) infographic of Kenya commitments at the Nairobi Summit on ICPD25.
- Layout content into the designs created.
Ready to print artworks for the A4 and A0 infographics.
Time frame and fee
The consultancy will be undertaken over a period of 10 (ten) working days. Work will commence immediately after contract signing.
This consultancy will be undertaken through a remote based arrangement, with online video meetings when needed.
The agreed upon consultancy fee will be paid in lump sum at the end of the consultancy and upon submission of the deliverables.
Qualifications and experience
- Post-secondary training/education in Graphic Design or related field.
- Demonstrable experience in graphic design and graphic design software, including but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign or equivalent software.
- Familiarity with social media platforms and knowledge of best practices for infographic design and visualization.
- Good communication and writing skills in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to plan, prioritize and produce quality results on time.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current development issues
- Experience designing similar projects will be an added advantage.
Submission of bids (applications)
Interested applicants should submit a financial and technical bid to email@example.com with the reference “Graphic Design ICPD25 Kenya commitments” indicated as the email subject line no later than 8th November 2020 COB.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.