Job Vacancy: Health & Nutrition Coordinator
World Concern Development Organization (WCDO) is a Christian global relief and development agency whose supporters’ faith compels them to extend opportunity and hope to people facing the most profound human challenges of extreme poverty.
We serve nearly 6 million people in 18 countries, focusing on food security, child protection, education, maternal and child health, microfinance, vocational training, clean water and sanitation and disaster response. World Concern has been active in Somalia for over three decades.
Main Objective: The Health and Nutrition coordinator is responsible for implementing and supervising the health and nutrition program in the field, in adherence with World Concern’s and national protocols/guidelines, and in collaboration with local partners. S/he reports to the head of Program, at country level.
General Purpose of the Job: The Health and Nutrition Coordinator is responsible for leading the World Concern Health and nutrition programming in Somaliland and providing technical support and capacity building to successfully plan, implement and monitor health and nutrition programs and activities in Somaliland.
He/she must have the ability to organize and support all aspects of the health and nutrition program including liaising with the Ministry of Health, international and national agencies and donors.
He/She will be responsible for ensuring that the health and nutrition programs in the country are of good quality, and implemented in accordance with international humanitarian standards and donor guidelines.
The Nutrition Coordinator will work closely with the Director, Program Manager and other technical staff to provide input into proposal development and country level strategies as required.
He/She will prepare reports
Duties for the Nutrition Coordinator Job
Program management and coordination
- Lead all health and nutrition program initiatives by providing technical oversight and ensuring quality standards are met in accordance with global standards and donor requirements.
- Provide day-to-day technical and administrative management, support and guidance to the health and nutrition team and field staff
- Evaluate the progress and impact of programs through regular field visits, data collection and reports.
- Ensures all programs are being implemented in accordance with their approved budgets, and works closely with the Program Manager to find ways to improve operational efficiency on an on-going basis.
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Health and other national and county level government officials to facilitate the timely implementation of project plans and objectives; ensure WC is an active member of the nutrition cluster at national and regional/district level.
- Coordinate with the national Ministry of Health and other national/provincial level actors to facilitate the timely implementation of projects and objectives, ensure program design address the needs and priorities of the country
- Identify potential nutrition and nutrition-related projects, liaise with interested partners and stakeholders
- Identify existing project implementation gaps and address any issues with partners, donors and stakeholders
- Analyze data from nutrition programs and provide inputs to be used for quality assessment and improvements in overall program quality
- Able to clearly understand Community based Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) approach
- Assessments and surveillance interventions (nutrition surveys using ENA for SMART, coverage surveys, sentinel site, LQAS etc)
- Ensure all WC and global health and nutrition standards and indicators are up-to-date and well understood by all the nutrition staff, that they are trained and mentored on these standards, as well as held accountable to them.
- Liaise with health and nutrition experts, to ensure that specialized support is available at the field/district/activity level to increase coverage and overall efficacy of the program
- Represent World Concern in national and Regional coordination meetings, provide minutes to supervisor
- Assess training needs of departmental staff and community, develop a training programs in order to address any gaps
- Responsible for overall collection of good quality data within all Health and nutrition programs, data analysis and interpretation, and use of collected data for day-to-day management of the programs; assure the nutrition team collects good quality data and is capable to use the data for monitoring and maintaining good quality program implementation
- In collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation staff, review field implementation plans and assessment/surveys to ensure quality and timely reporting
- In collaboration with the Health and Nutrition team, assist in writing proposals and reports as needed or required
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition and 3+ years relevant work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a nutrition program, previous program development/ management experience in a humanitarian/ emergency context required, experience in training national staff required
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently in response to changing needs in the field
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Flexible and able to deal with stressful situations
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources in difficult settings
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to effectively present information clearly and respond appropriate to questions of senior managers and headquarters staff, counterparts, senior government leaders and donors
- Demonstrated knowledge of nutrition in emergencies, adherence to and proven record in demonstrating core competencies
- Experience in nutrition surveys and assessments
Working Conditions: Based in Somaliland
Requires periodic travel to areas of significant insecurity
May require working extended hours and on weekends/holidays to meet deadlines.
Multi-cultural, Multi-ethnic organizational work environment and Somali Speaking is desirable
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 25th October 2020.