Job Title: Hotel Manager
Reporting to: Hotel Consultant
Department: Administration & General
Are you ready for an exciting challenge?
A luxurious apartment hotel in the coastal region of Kenya requires a proven and qualified leader to spearhead its operations.
The ideal candidate will be an inspired and innovative leader with an obsessive attention to details.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the Hotel Management to implement an operational strategy that will improve guest service and experience besides enhancing efficiency and productivity.
Position Overview: You will provide strategic business leadership, with overall responsibility of overseeing marketing activities, running hotel operations to achieve excellent service while meeting set financial targets.
- Maintain ideal Occupancy Rate.
- Ensure Total Available Rooms at optimum.
- Maintain Healthy Revenue per Available Room(RevPAR)
- Efficient Utilization of Marketing Budget
- Positive online reviews from customers.
Strategic & Operations Management
- Implement strategic initiatives to enhance the competitiveness of the property.
- Oversee compliance with all professional, ethical, legal and statutory requirements in the conduct of company business.
- Be the company ambassador aiming to enhance the company image and market reputation.
- Implement sound marketing/sales plans, budget proposals, human resources practices, financial and operational policies.
- Lead the senior management team in developing strategies, policies and procedures and the organizational capacity to maximize overall revenues and profitability.
- Ensure implementation of sound HR policies and practices to maximize the employees’ potential and contributions.
- monitor and evaluate key performance indicators to ensure achievement of desired targets and results.
- Training and Development to ensure the highest standards of service.
- driving the development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience,
- executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local and international market.
- Manage daily service levels across all communications channels
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns.
- Ensuring increased sales revenues month by month.
- Prepare annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
- Analyse financials to drive revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with the consultant to maintain or improve the property’s market leadership position.
- Ensuring increased sales revenues month by month
- Marketing & Management of Social Media
- Come up with a robust all year marketing calendar.
- Ensure property marketing initiatives to improve client acquisition.
- Ensure that the property presence online is guaranteed on all social handles.
- Respond to any comments/complaints raised by guests.
- Personally drive and support the sales, marketing team.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with brand service behaviours.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions per company rules and policies.
- Ensure policies and standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Oversee training and development, reward and recognition activities.
Customer Service and Experience.
- Implement professional service to deliver an exceptional experience and guest satisfaction
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviours, hallmarks and license agreement mandates.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Make time to interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- Dealing with customer enquiries & complaints, aiming to meet their expectations
- Developing business strategies to increase profitability
- Maintaining and following clients for business by ensuring follow up on client enquiries to ensure client enquiries are confirmed.
- Online booking tool adoption and awareness and introduction to clients
- Strong leadership Skills
- Strong Social/People & interpersonal skills
- Great Communication
- Strong marketing and guest relations skills
- Team Building & Professionalism
- Degree/Diploma (Tourism & Travel or business-related) with relevant managerial and Hospitality experience.
- 5 years’ experience in a Senior Managerial role in Hospitality.
- Demonstrable success running a hospitality-related institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Good understanding of digital marketing
- Demonstrated ability to drive sales results.
How to Apply
If you believe you meet the above please email your CV and Motivation letter with the Subject of the email “Hotel Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us by November 6, 2020.