Job Title: HR Business Partner
Salary: 350K – 400K
Our client is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide.
They provide clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
They seek to hire a well-experienced Human Resource Business Partner tasked with managing the HR function for their Nairobi office.
The successful candidate should have prior experience working with international organizations.
Recruitment, Selection and Placement
- Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human resources needs of the office and the organization.
- Ensure organizational human resources recruitment targets are met.
- Onboard new employees following best practice guidelines.
Policy Implementation and HR Administration
- Coordinate and supervise the management and maintenance of staff contracts, personnel files and other employee information.
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff.
- Assist managers with the mid-year and annual appraisal process.
- Partner with finance to ensure accurate payroll information is submitted each month.
- Provide timely and accurate guidance to managers regarding employment relation issues.
- Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systemic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, performance management, promotions and other HR activities.
- Liaise with the organization’s immigration consultants on visa procurements, extensions and resident permits.
- Liaise with the organization’s Insurance brokers on Health and Group life policies including additions, deletions and renewals.
Local HR Planning and Management
- Provide ongoing strategy guidance, interpretation and support to management of the country office in all areas of HR management.
- Provide accurate and sound HR analysis and timely support to the management and planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design, change management and other HR strategy planning and development deliberations.
- Liaise with the London office to support and contribute to the local implementation of the corporate HR strategy
- Provide feedback and make recommendations from a local perspective on the establishment and improvement of systems and internal controls, planning and change management and resolution of HR issues and problems.
- Participate in international meetings for the local planning of Human Resources
Management Excellence in the Office:
- Be a role model by promoting management excellence in the office by ensuring a high level of professionalism at all times in all areas of HR.
- Effectively manage the human resources life cycle of the Nairobi office
- Ensure compliance with statutory obligations.
- Work alongside an employment lawyer as and when required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or related field.
- Higher Diploma in Human Resources Management.
- Registered member of IHRM
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a HR Manager in an international organization
- Practical knowledge of labour laws
- Strong attention to detail with a good knowledge of business administration.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good practical experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, integrity, trust and dependability.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team
- Experience working with international organizations is a must
- Experience in a similar industry preferred
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Business Partner) to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday 16th October 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.