International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Job Title: Digital & Information Analysis Officer 2
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance.
It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
This is a Kenyan National Position.
Overall Responsibility: The incumbent leads efforts to deliver compelling and engaging content (proactively and reactively) through the direct management of official social media channels. S/he provides guidance and support to staff at all levels of the organization on social media use and produces in-depth reports on content performance.
S/he identifies social media trends and applies them appropriately in-house, creating and adapting best practice accordingly.
The officer gathers and analyzes information that is of importance to the operations of the Regional Delegation and produces regular and ad hoc reports with actionable insights.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops Digital strategies for the Delegation and leads on content execution and engagement with priority audiences;
- Designs and runs social media campaigns that support the delegation’s operational priorities and public communication objectives;
- Manages official ICRC social media accounts, including global channels, posting content and responding to comments and direct messages in an appropriate fashion;
- Ensures accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, partnering with Audio-visual Producers, social media leads, Web Editors and Digital officers primarily at headquarters and in collaboration with the regional communication centres;
- Works with audio-visual producers to ensure documentation of ICRC projects within the region, in collaboration with relevant departments and the National Society Communication teams;
- Identifies and monitors a variety of public sources relevant for the ICRC on issues related to Delegation operational objectives and the ICRC institutional goals and reputation;
- Alerts management at an early stage on issues and risks that can potentially impact ICRC operations, security and/or reputation;
- Adds value to the information by connecting the dots between events, linking the information with the wider political, economic and social situation, bridging it with internal knowledge;
- Reports efficiently and succinctly on the selected information by providing contextualized information analysis with actionable recommendations;
- Identifies influencers including through a social network analysis.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- University degree or postgraduate studies in communication, marketing, journalism or international relations preferably with digital background and specialization;
- Minimum 6 years professional experience, including 4 years’ experience in digital communication;
- Proficiency in web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools (Photoshop);
- Expertise in web editing, search engine optimization and ad management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter);
- Experience in deriving knowledge, analysing information and trends across various media channels;
- Deep understanding/expertise of social media platforms, analytics tools and metrics;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset),
- Expertise with ad management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter);
- Experience in an international organization or NGO;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should CLICK HERE to fill our online recruitment form on or before the 30th October 2020 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree, etc.) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
The reference Digital & Information Analysis Officer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.