Our Client seeks to hire an Internal Audit Officer who will support the Internal Audit function in enhancing and protecting organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, guidance and insight to the financial institution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical support in revision of operations, accounting procurement, HR manuals in order to ensure adherence to company policy, statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation to ensure compliance with established internal control procedures
- Liaise with all departments in reviewing systems and establishing appropriate controls and procedures.
- Monitoring of control transactions and processes to ensure compliance with policy, statutory and reporting requirements.
- Undertake regular and impromptu inspections of all processes, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and best practice guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time by local and global organizations.
- Regularly inspect company records and transactions and evolve scrutiny methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the financial industry and accounting fields with a view to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to company strategy.
- Support in follow-up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Support in organizing the Audit Committee and coordinating and presenting reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting & Finance or any other equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and a member of (ICPAK)
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar role with preferably 2 years in a financial institution
- CISA certification is an added advantage
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting ‘Internal Audit Officer’ on the email subject, indicating the current salary on the email not later than 31st October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any recruitment fee to job seekers.