We are hiring a CEO (Kenya) to oversee and grow our Kenya Operations
About iProcure: iProcure enables factory to retail distribution through a cutting edge supply chain platform combined with robust logistics ensuring leading brands are accessible to the growing rural consumer base in Africa.
We provide suppliers and manufacturers an end to end distribution solution, including complete supply chain visibility and access to thousands of rural retailers while providing previously unavailable insights on the informal retail sector.
Since 2014 we have been on a steep growth trajectory and are currently supplying a large number of rural-based retailers and have a National presence across Kenya. We are a results-driven team of 85, with a focus on delivering results and a keen eye on our bottom line.
Furthermore we have integrated 50% of our customer base onto our supply chain platform enabling full transparency through our supply chain as well an unprecedented access to data.
For our Kenya operation, our goal is continued growth towards a more complete National coverage, by increasing our presence in Mt Kenya, Machakos, Makueni and Southern Kenya.
About the role
- We are creating this new role for an experienced growth leader to grow, enhance and optimize our Kenya operations. As part of the organization’s strategic growth plans, iProcure’s founders and Directors will take a lead on key areas such as regional expansion, scalability of the tech platform, product mix and supplier network, allowing the CEO (Kenya) to focus on strengthening and growing the Kenya business systematically.
- You will be responsible for the achievement of organisational performance metrics relating to revenue, coverage, customer satisfaction, growth and profit. You will continue to responsibly and aggressively grow the business, while ensuring excellent service delivery to customers. We are looking for a CEO (Kenya) who knows how to build on what is working well, takes a methodical approach to growth and works with the team and leverages their insights to optimize our operations.
- The CEO (Kenya) will report to the Managing Director and work closely with all other Directors on key strategic initiative.
Your responsibilities will include
Strategic planning and management
- Plan and set growth deliverables with company directors.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan that will grow our Kenya country operation to cover new territories and domestic markets in-line with strategic business objectives. (achieve 3x revenue growth and 2.5x gross margin growth over 2 years)
- Breakdown targets and monitor performance for each regional operation.
- Facilitate team conversations to identify and resolve challenges while ensuring alignment with organisational targets and objectives.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting to directors on agreed metrics/performance indicators.
- Attend and contribute in board meetings towards development and achievement of strategic business objectives.
Optimize and build out our operations
- Work closely with the COO in the design of processes, structures and procedures to ensure growth and consistent quality of operations, such as improved customer feedback systems, reduced stock-outs, etc.
- Optimize our supply chain design, using a data-driven approach to determine the ideal location of our depots for best market coverage and cost-efficiency
- Support the COO in ensuring effective use of company resources and consistent adherence to standard operating procedures/protocols.
- Continually monitor key sales related metrics, such as customer retention and acquisition, drawing up strategies for growth and optimization
- With the COO, conduct regular departmental performance appraisals and support in coaching teams to improve job performance and achievement of KPIs.
Financial management and optimization
- Own and manage organisational profit and loss.
- With the CFO, establish and manage the annual budget for the organisation.
- Optimally draw down and allocate group resources towards the achievement of the set targets.
- Regularly look at key indicators (cash conversion cycle, inventory turnover etc) drawing up strategies for optimization
- Work closely with the CFO to keenly oversee, manage, optimize and control company operational expenditure.
- Provide financial oversight ensuring financial procedures are relevant and adhered to.
- Responsible for maintaining legal, regulatory and tax compliance.
- Continually work towards improving performance by systematically identifying and eliminating organisational bottlenecks.
- Drive the organization culture and ensure the company is providing a safe, motivating and enjoyable working environment.
- Oversee the streamlining of HR systems, such as recruitment, onboarding, employee relations, training, etc by working closely with and supporting the HR Manager
- Mentor, coach and support department heads in leading their teams.
- Continually evaluate the team structure to ensure we are building the right team to deliver our ambition effectively and efficiently
Co-Lead strategic growth initiatives
- Work closely with commercial directors to ensure laminar supply arrangements and to ensure steady and consistent improvement of supply terms with key domestic suppliers.
- Work with the commercial directors to develop effective route to market strategies for new product verticals.
- Work closely with the Director of Innovation and SaaS to ensure aggressive retailer integrations.
- Work closely with the Technical Director to ensure the supply chain platform (the ERP which the company itself, it’s suppliers, and customers rely on to operate effectively) is rendering sufficient level of service to the country operation.
- Work closely with the Director of SaaS to ensure monthly retailer and distributor acquisition targets are being met consistently.
Who we are looking for:
- You are interested in and passionate about rural markets.
- Senior management experience at the point of growth:
- Experience in growing a business is required: You have led revenue growth from single-digit to double-digit million USD
- 5+ years of senior management experience is required
- Preferred experience in a tech-driven business or a related sector, such as supply chain, FMCG, agri-input, logistics
- Past experience of leading a company or department of at least 150 employees
- Strong results in optimization
- You enjoy making things work like clock-work, are system-oriented and very methodical in your approach
- You are systematic in approaching problems and know which questions to ask.
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret data to identify opportunities and patterns for optimization
- You are aggressive in the execution of plans, with a focus on ROI
- Strong manager:
- You know how to reinforce procedures across a large distributed team
- You are a team player, and know how to tap the strengths of others and you regularly bring out the best in those you work with
- You are open to ideas from the team
- You have strong listening skills
- You stand by your convictions and know how to build consensus at the senior management level
- You enjoy working in the thick of things, getting your hands dirty, visiting the field, and are willing to put in over time or weekend work where required.
- You have developed a good understanding of management finance, typical for senior leadership roles: Ability to make sense of financial statements, a P&L and a balance sheet. You can explain management accounts and use a financial model.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Relevant bachelors degree
You will enjoy working at iProcure and thrive in our culture if:
- You adapt easily, and thrive in a fast-changing and growing environment
- You make the best use of resources and collaborate effectively to meet business objectives
- You take ownership to succeed in your work
- You are curious, stretch yourself and learn fast
- You challenge & continuously push the bar on how to do things better
- You posses strong integrity and dependability
Why work for us?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a fast growing company at an exciting time, when the company is performing well and is aggressively pushing for additional growth (both in Kenya and to outside markets).
We are pioneering the first fully integrated factory to retailer supply chain, with a considerable level of success.
You will work with a competent, disciplined and highly motivated team.
Competitive remuneration and stock (Equity) options.
Other information and how to apply
The role is based in Nairobi with ad-hoc travel across Kenya as required by the work.
The successful candidate will start as soon as possible, ideally in or before January 2021.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Interested candidates with questions and clarifications about the role feel free to connect with us on email@example.com
Submit your application by filling the form under http://bit.ly/iProcureCEO
Recruitment is carried out in collaboration with edge.
All communication regarding this role will come from email addresses in the domain @iprocu.re or @edgeperformance.co.ke