Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria.
Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world.
Under this contract, Abt will implement entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 24 African countries where malaria is endemic.
Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project is led by Abt Associates, an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries.
The PMI VectorLink Kenya Project seeks candidates to assist in implementing in six sub counties (Rongo, Awendo, Uriri, Suna East, Suna West and Nyatike) in Migori and Eight Sub- counties (Rangwe, Homa Bay Township, Ndhiwa, Suba North, Rachuonyo North, Rachuonyo East, Rachuonyo South and Suba South) in Homa Bay county Kenya in the following temporary positions:
Position: IT / mHealth Assistant
Supervisor: IT Specialist
Location: Migori and Homa Bay Counties, Kenya
No. Required: 2 (1 Migori and 1 Homa Bay)
Overall Purpose: To provide real time IT and mHealth support to the county office and county field staff as well as ensuring mHealth services and reporting across project sites. He/She will work in close collaboration with the county M&E team and the county coordinator.
- Setup of computers and peripherals in data centers
- Computer maintenance and troubleshooting at the county data centers and offices
- LAN support and troubleshooting
- Monitoring electricity supply and engaging generator backup as needed
- Monitoring internet connectivity across the two counties and providing the support needed
- mHealth phones setup and support both in the office and at the operations sites
- mHealth phone issuance within the county of operation
- Maintenance of IT issuance forms for the county
- Tracking phone usage among supervisors within the county
- Maintaining an inventory of all IT equipment as needed
- Adhere to VL Kenya M&E COVID19 guidelines
Required qualifications and experience:
- IT graduate with 1 year experience in IT related role
- 1 year experience in IRS data and coordination /IT will be an added advantage
- Additional professional training in IT will be an added advantage
- Applications Installation and troubleshooting
- Willingness to reside within the County of jurisdiction
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work for 6 days in a week (Monday to Saturday)
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting
- Strong computer and LAN skills: Microsoft Office
- All positions that involves a worker coming in contact or close contact with wet insecticides on daily basis will require a medical examination including general body examination and pregnancy tests. Those with certain medical conditions like chest problems, asthmatic, expectant etc. may be excluded or considered for other relevant roles they qualify for.
- These positions will be on a short term contract, not more than 2 months and/or on need basis and those who participated in previous campaigns will have an added advantage. Women are highly encouraged to apply for all roles.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and updated CV to KenyaJobs@abtassoc.com with the title of the position being applied for in the e-mail subject line specifying the work location preferred i.e. county and ward e.g. ‘Store keeper-Migori county – North Kamagambo’ by COB, October 30th, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm’s values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.