Our client, Kasha Technologies Ltd (kasha.co), an exciting and fast-growing eCommerce start-up company in East Africa focused on women’s health and personal care, is looking for a dynamic, innovative and result-orientated individual to fill in the following position in Nairobi:
Group Financial Controller
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Group Financial Controller will be responsible for taking lead of financial reporting and statutory audit process among other tasks across the Kasha’s operations in Kenya, Rwanda and the US.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated individual who is excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Leading financial reporting across Kasha Group companies (Kenya, Rwanda, US)
- Leading the quarterly and annual financial statements consolidation process
- Leading the annual statutory audit process across Kasha Group companies
- Assisting the Director of Finance with the budgeting, investor reporting, financial automatization, financial controls development and general finance process development
- Ensuring accurate revenue recognition
- Assisting other teams (e.g. engineering) that provide data for financial reporting
- Advising the Finance Assistants and external Accountants on financial reporting and other financial matters
- Reviewing the monthly payroll and approving payroll payments etc.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with all monthly/annual tax and statutory filings and any filing requirements imposed by the government or any other relevant jurisdiction
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in commerce (Accounting/Finance option), Business Management (Accounting/Finance option), Economics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Audit (BIG4 or similar) or Financial Controller position
- Must have CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent qualification
- Extensive knowledge in IFRS, audit, compliance and internal controls
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Fast learner and ready to work in fast-paced start-up environment
- Integrity and superior communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the subject heading ‘GROUP FINANCIAL CONTROLLER’ by 27th October 2020 clearly indicating their current and expected remuneration (MUST), daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
The position is filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.