Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a National Savings & Credit Co-operative Society with an asset base of over Kshs 6 Billion and a membership of over 8,000 drawn from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, International Missions and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care.
We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Manager
Terms: 3 Years Renewable contract
Position Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Job Summary: ICT Manager will steer all technology functions encompassing ICT infrastructure set-up, systems security, development and implementation of ICT strategic plan and ICT policies, data back up and disaster recovery.
He/she will ensure that the society adopts with the latest ICT developments in its operations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and implement sound ICT policies, procedures, strategies, and systems
- Manage the Society ICT assets to support effective implementation of the Society objectives.
- Advise the CEO on ICT innovations, strategies, and their impact on the Society objectives.
- Manage all operations of the ICT Department and ensure timely provision of ICT services to all functions of the Society
- Promote best practice in the development of information systems.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies that may be of benefit to the Sacco and make requisite recommendations, supported by documentation, costing etc.
- Execute departmental objectives in line with the Sacco’s strategic plan and aligning the ICT strategy with the strategic plan
- Assist, co-ordinate all systems implementation including working with ready-made applications and external consultation if need be.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of the society’s information.
- Ensure that all IT dynamics in use by the organization keep pace with technological innovations and developments.
- Be in constant consultation with all technology-based service providers.
- Supervise direct reports work and other administrative matters.
- Review performance of direct reports.
- Identify training needs for direct reports.
- Participate in the recruitment of staff within the department
- Mentor and coach staff
Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement short and long-term capacity plans to ensure systems, network and telecommunications infrastructure meets existing and future requirements.
- Maintaining oversight and custody of the Sacco’s in-house and remote data Centre and all network and related hardware assets.
- Provide team leadership within the department through professional staff performance management.
- Ensure availability of a stable and reliable ERP System
- Prepare ICT department budgets in liaison with the other departmental HOD
- Implement and maintain a robust IT asset management system for all IT hardware and software inventory, network components, life cycle management and related documentation
- Oversee purchase, installation, configuration and maintenance of user application software, operating system software and internet communication system within the computer network of the society
- Set up and monitor contracts with external suppliers for the provision of ICT technical support and services
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on disruptive IT infrastructure innovations and trends such as cloud, mobile and bring your own device (BYOD).
- Lead the preparation of RFPs, bid proposals and other documentation related to acquisition of network, telecommunications, server, and endpoint infrastructure as well as negotiations with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure IT infrastructure products and services.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in ICT, computer science, and/or other related field
- Minimum 8 years of working experience and at least 4 years in a similar role in terms of scale and complexity
- A Master’s degree in ICT will be an added advantage.
- Professional certification in Information Security, Project Management, ICT infrastructure, MCSE, CISCO certification, ITIL certification added advantage
- Membership with ICT Professional Body e.g. Computer Society of Kenya, ISACA, PMI
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online by filling in the data form from the link, www.kimisitusacco.or.ke/ictmanager
The data form must be filled in full. Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
In addition, the applicants must send Application letter with a detailed CV, Certificates and Testimonials to email@example.com by November 13th, 2020.
Clearly state the subject of the email as ICT Manager.
Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted within 30 days.
Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.
Kimisitu Sacco is ISO 9001:2015 certified