Job Vacancy: Livestock Manager
Our client operates a farm that is a family-owned enterprise, located along the lake shores of Naivasha.
They focus on livestock management to include beef cattle (boran), domba and goats. On the farm is also a decommissioned electric milking parlor.
The Position: Reporting to the Executive Director, the overall purpose of this role is to set up Livestock management structures, develop a Breeding program and Sales structure to foster growth and profitability.
- Formulate and Implement business strategies to support the growth of the farm enterprise.
- Develop robust Livestock management structures.
- Develop and/or redesign the Sales/Revenue structure to ensure growth and profitability.
- Direct and coordinate Livestock farm activities, such as breeding, rearing and maintenance.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to streamline operational processes.
- Oversight and Coordination of the Production processes
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Occupational, Health and Safety standards across the farm
- Cash flow management and development and monitoring of Budgets.
- Prepares breeding schedules, based on customer orders, market forecasts, and available facilities and equipment.
- Monitoring the health and welfare of all the Livestock
- Ensure that all production processes follow government regulations.
- Inspect facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with sanitation standards and to determine maintenance and repair requirements.
- Prepare farm activity reports, such as livestock production, sales, and reports, as required by various stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree/Diploma holder in Animal husbandry / Production, Animal Production and Health Management, Livestock Economics or Health Extension from a recognized institution
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in a busy livestock farm establishment.
- Proven track record of managerial or leadership skills is essential.
- Excellent husbandry skills and Knowledge of Health Programme.
- Good communication verbal/written, interpersonal and computer skills
- Must be computer literate.
- A team-oriented person
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit a Curriculum Vitae (CV) with details of relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 October 2020
Applicants MUST include the title of the position (LIVESTOCK MANAGER) in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.