Our client is seeking to recruit highly proactive and self-driven individual to fill the following position:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Main Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the General Manager, the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present findings to senior management/the board of directors.
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business.
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational change.
- Analyse the customer base across the Company’s existing business to establish a common approach to retention and growth.
- Enhance regional and operational business development capabilities and work to achieve winning works targets.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements to engage in clearing and forwarding business are met.
- Negotiate with shipping lines, airlines, transporters and agents.
- Oversee the entire clearing and forwarding process to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Work with the management and operations team, develop and manage an up-to-date understanding of the Logistics environment implications for existing and new sectors.
- Develop an understanding of relevant sectors and how they are likely to respond to business changes.
- Build a network of contacts across target sectors.
- Take the lead on client relationship and ensure business sustainability.
- Engage with sector customers to anticipate potential business opportunities and implement actions that will position the Company with a differentiated advantage.
- Ensure effective management of customer satisfaction surveys.
- Prepare programs of external communication, customer engagement, and brand promotion that will contribute to the achievement of Company’s objectives.
- Organize and represent the Company at key networking events to raise the company profile.
Key performance indicators measures & targets
- Market intelligence reports to be updated with the Patron, Advisory Board, and operations team to track targets.
- Client engagement numbers against opportunities converted.
- Number of new clients.
- Customer Satisfaction and feedback to be reported quarterly to the Advisory Board.
Ideal Specification / Qualifications:
The successful candidate should meet the following standards:
- Experience in building commercial relationships to help deliver improved service and excellent customer satisfaction.
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and business development.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to seek and develop new relationships to achieve strategic business objectives
- Ability to convert client relationships into opportunities for the business
- Create a culture of constructive and effective communication
- Communicate with authority and conviction in all situations with all levels of staff/client organizations.
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategy and take responsibility for delivering strategic objectives.
- Ability to recognize changing market forces that may impact upon own or customers’ business and puts plans into action to make a positive contribution
- Ability to work effectively as a member of different teams both internally and externally
Education and Experience Required
a) Degree in business, Logistics or Related field.
b) 5 years relevant experience at a managerial or supervisory level.
c) Good communication skills.
d) High integrity
e) Team player.
f) Customer focused.
g) A thorough knowledge and understanding of customs legislation, tariffs, import/export documentation, customs clearance, bond management and customs declaration will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.