M-Pesa Foundation Academy
Career Opportunity: Audio Visual and Auditorium Manager
Established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometers outside Nairobi, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, coeducational and residential secondary school offering both the Kenyan National Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP).
The Academy is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) and the Middle Years Program (MYP).
Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented but economically disadvantaged students with demonstrated leadership potential.
M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning environment to develop future leaders.
The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just in academics but also in technology, music, sports, the arts outdoor pursuits and community service.
Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school prides itself in moulding future leaders and entrepreneurs.
The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit a dynamic and visionary individual with exceptional skills in the following role.
Audio Visual and Auditorium Manager
The Audio Visual and Auditorium Manager must be a self-driven, resourceful, and well-organized team player with the ability to independently work well under pressure and possess strong interpersonal skills.
The ability to positively and productively engage with diverse personalities is a necessary skill.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with and assist directly internal and external event organizers to design, implement, and oversee creative and artistic A/V and stage setup solutions.
- Maintain quality control over A/V equipment and operations.
- Design and implement a sustainable development strategy and budget for the auditorium and A/V equipment.
- Organize and manage the auditorium schedule and plan the work of the A/V technicians and other staff accordingly.
- Direct, implement, and supervise all A/V related events (inside and outside the school facilities).
- Train students staff members and part-time assistants in supporting events.
- Direct and supervise the student A/V team and other staff.
- Serve as the lead resource person for students, faculty and staff on A/V projects and corresponding event operations.
- Facilitate, direct, and supervise the recording, broadcasting and live translation of specific events.
- Solve unexpected technical and other complex problems relating to the lighting, sound, audio-visual and production equipment, as well as any other issue relating to A/V event operations.
- Be and remain fully proficient and knowledgeable about all technical aspects of the auditorium, including the operation and direction of all lighting, sound, audio-visual and production equipment.
- Maintain a proper, sufficient, and functioning inventory of all school A/V supplies and equipment at the Lycée, while proactively assessing the need for and undertaking the ordering of new equipment and the maintenance and repair of existing equipment, in coordination with the Head of Technology, as needed.
- Create, update, implement, and administer A/V policies and procedures, in coordination with the Head of Technology, as needed.
- Ensure a safe environment in the auditorium for all performances, directing and collaborating with the Security and Maintenance departments, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years experience within the A/V event industry.
- Experience in A/V system design and management, event production and integration, and high level of proficiency with A/V concepts and practical application.
- Experience scheduling and supervising A/V technicians.
- Ability to design and present new ideas how best to represent an event.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on complex matters and to exercise sound discretion and judgment when performing job duties.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 23rd October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for.
Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted.
No hard copy applications will be accepted or received.
Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.