Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
We are looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Content Officer – Communications and Knowledge Management
Program / Department Summary: The Internal Communications team sits at the heart of Mercy. Our goal is to be a valued partner across the agency, enabling people to easily find information and connect with each other.
Working closely with teams at different levels across the agency, we seek to create multi-directional conversations and help everyone access information easily in service of greater results and impact through learning, dialogue and conversation.
General Position Summary: The Internal Communication Officer will support, edit, curate and moderate content creation for Mercy Corps’ internal communication channels.
The Internal Communications Officer is instrumental in ensuring regular communication processes that keep teams informed and connected, and will assist with a variety of related tasks on the team.
The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and storyteller with a passion for communicating to inspire, inform, captivate and mobilize audiences.
They are able to manage multiple projects and have the experience and maturity required to work with a number of teams and stakeholders.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage content on our Intranet (Drupal), internal newsletter (Mailchimp) and social platform (Workplace).
- Compile, edit and send out the Globe – Mercy Corps’ existing communication vehicle for weekly agency news.
- Monitor and help to build communities and group culture on Mercy Corps’ Workplace site.
- Lead on the facilitation of processes for translation, transcription and subtitling to increase equity and inclusion for communications.
- Support in conceptualization, planning and creation of dissemination of content for teams.
- Support planning and execution of creative global contests and campaigns to engage our global team in cultural and learning initiatives.
- Monitor effectiveness of current platforms through utilizing platform analytics, survey results and qualitative feedback from team members globally.
- Support on additional internal communication initiatives as needed.
- Manage Mercy Corps Radio, our internal podcast channel. Develop the content strategy and produce, edit and publish bi-monthly podcasts.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing, communications, journalism or other relevant fields.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an ability to translate technical information into easily understood messages in varied formats.
- Ability to produce clear and compelling print, digital and multimedia content for internal audiences.
- High level of proficiency with technology; experience with digital communications platforms and content a plus.
- Fluent English with highly effective and professional verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple competing and changing priorities, requests, tasks and deadlines.
- Strong people skills, good judgement, and ability to manage up.
- Self-directed and motivated, learns quickly, problem-solver and innovator.
- Proven experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality and professional conduct.
- Multilingual proficiency is a big plus; especially French, Arabic or Spanish.
The successful Internal Communications Officer will be a creative communicator, strong editor and a problem solver.
They will be able to quickly acquire a detailed knowledge of Mercy Corps, and forge productive relationships with key internal stakeholders.
They will have a strong grasp on how to communicate with team members at all levels.
They will possess a demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
For the detailed Position Description and application procedure, please visit the following link: https://bit.ly/2TkMHfu
Closing Date: 27 October 2020