Job Title: Chief Executive Officer – Microfinance Bank
Gross Salary: Competitive
Our client is one of the leading Banks in Kenya.
They seek to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to be responsible for providing strategic leadership in the Bank by advising the Board of directors and working with the Management to establish long-term goals, strategies, plans, and policies to deliver shareholder value.
- Work with the Board of Directors to establish an effective strategy to advance the Bank’s mission and goals.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors is provided with timely reports and information in support of their fiduciary and corporate governance responsibilities.
- Review Bank’s transactions to ensure that high value transactions are identified and appropriately reported to the regulator.
- Work in close collaboration with the chair of the board, the chair of each board committee and the company secretary to bring decisions to be made by the board and board committees and other matters of importance to the board’s and board committees.
- Work with the Bank’s management team to establish annual performance goals, allocate resources, assess performance, and ensure delivery of the overall bank performance.
- Ensure that all the risks attached to the company’s activities, including investments, regulatory compliance, external communication, and institutional relations are regularly and properly evaluated, monitored and adequately secure
- Maintain and manage effective relationships with customers, government, media, regulatory bodies, other banking industry leaders and with key external constituencies to ensure a positive image for the bank.
- Provide leadership in performance management, employee development, talent management and building a work environment that drives high performance and employee satisfaction
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the Organization’s goals and objective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business-related field.
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance, Marketing, Banking, or a Business-related field.
- Association of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) Membership – Added Advantage
- CPA (K) – Added Advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role or in senior management in a bank with a diverse set of P&L experiences associated with the management of financial services products.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Customer Service Orientation
- Relationship Building
- Change Leadership
- Visioning & Strategic Direction
- Drive for Results
- Decision Making
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Creativity and Innovation
- Risk Management
- Levering Technology
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chief Executive Office – Microfinance Bank) to email@example.com on or before 19th October 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.