Our Client in the Microfinance industry seeks to hire an Internal Auditor who will lead the Internal Audit function to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
Position Title: Internal Auditor
Section / Audit: Internal Audit- Microfinance Bank
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To challenge current practice, champion best practice and be a catalyst for improvement, so that the organization as a whole achieves its strategic objectives by performing the following duties;
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Working in liaison with other Departments, offer technical support in revision of operations, accounting procurement, HR manuals in order to ensure adherence to company policy, statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Work with Finance and ICT, Business development, Operations, Credit, HR and Administration departments in reviewing systems and establishing appropriate controls and procedures as pointed out by External Auditors Management Letter.
- Monitoring of control transactions and processes to ensure compliance with policy, statutory and reporting requirements.
- Carry out regular and impromptu inspections of all processes, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and best practice guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time by local and global organizations.
- Regularly inspect company records and transactions and evolve scrutiny methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time.
- Keep abreast with latest developments in the micro finance, banking, audit and accounting fields with a view to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to company strategy.
- Follow-up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising level of compliance.
- Organize Audit Committee and coordinate reports.
Skills & Competencies
- Analytical and critical thinking.
- Objectivity and Independence
- Report writing.
- MS Office Suite
- Policy formulation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting & Finance or any other equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA ).
- Professional member (ICPAK)
- CISA certification is an added advantage
- At least 3 years working experience in a similar role
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com clearly quoting ‘Internal Auditor – Microfinance’ on the email subject, indicating the current and expected salary on the email not later than 25th October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Career Management is a proud equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against the applicants on any basis.
We don’t charge any recruitment fee to job seekers.